Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Gwyneth

Do you see how proud I am of my little Hawaiian baby!!! Brooke called today and asked where she came from. All that dark hair and and dark skin?
When they put Gwyn in my arms I was so surprised at the sudden feeling of being complete, not that she was the end of my children but at the fact that I had my hearts desire. I was also so surprised at the way she looked. I always thought my daughter would be bald and fair. Imagine my surprise when she was so dark, and even had dark eyebrows...anyone who really knows me, knows I would kill to have darker features.....instead I have white eyebrows (thanks to makeup they look dark) and lighter skin. I am pretty much very Scandinavian.
I was so smitten with her from the moment I saw her. The day we found out she was a girl, My perma smile and glow of extreme happiness started. I think I must have smiled for the next four months, and every few days I would take out her ultrasound pictures just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
I love my boys so much, but I was a GIRLY GIRL! I have three younger sisters that I cuddled until the day I got married. This little girl has made my complete. My amazing Aunt Eilleen Crochet this blessing gown for the happy princess.
Gwyn has a cousin Ella who is three months older than her. This was there first meeting.

3 comments:

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

Lilo!!!!! Turns out she was the Santa Clara Surf Girl.....

amylmitchell said...

My first pulled your blog up, only that first picture showed. I thought, "who is that pretty baby?" Then I scrolled down and realized that baby was Gwyn. It's funny because yesterday I was watching the picture slide show that comes up as a screen saver on my computer. A picture I took of Gwyn and Brooke come up and I thought how fun it will be that Brooke will be having a little girl soon. In fact, I think I will post that picture on my blog so you can see the two beautiful ladies together.

amylmitchell said...

Okay...the first sentence should have read "When I first pulled up your blog...." Call it lack of sleep...too many kids...to much clutter...