Friday, September 28, 2007

Just a little update.....

(p.s. This is how Brooke answered the phone in college, or so she told Bob and myself one weekend we visited. LOL))Pretty huh! Four days out of surgery and this is what my leg looks like. My mom left today and I am missing her already. She has been amazing and I feel like a little kid wanting to cry not to have her mom leave. Gwyn and Tucker both shed many a tear over her departure today. She kept reassuring everyone that she will be back in a week!
*funny Gwyn story*
She had a Halloween shirt on that had a witch and a ghost and a mummy on it. She was asking my mom what they were, when they got to the mummy Gwyn said "No, that's Robyn, and Nannie you wrap her!" (My mom wrapped my leg all week, and she watched.)
*Tucker Story*
He told me today that he was "going to be sad when Nannie left because she takes such good care of us and especially you mom because when we get home from school and I want to see you she says "no let's leave her alone, she is resting" Mom, she takes really good care of you!"
*Abe story*
Abe had a birthday party today and instead of gifts they were asked to bring canned goods to give to the homeless shelter here. While Abe was explaining what will be happening he told us "that we are going down to the homeless shelter, and then we are just going to throw food at them." Yeah, we had a little explaining to do.
I seriously can't believe I am doing this again in a week!
(hope that they are less pornographic)

7 comments:

amylmitchell said...

I always thought you looked good in black and blue...and purple, too. Seriously, though, take it easy!! Bob, you'd better let Robyn rest this weekend ;)!!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

umm... why would you say i answer the phone like that??? and better question.. how would you know?!?!?
yes... your leg is still yummy

andrea said...

um wow. That is sick.

Your hair looks fabulous though :0)

Bree D. said...

Oh Robyn, I just checked in and I am so feeling for you!! I can't believe you are having to deal with that. Keep your eye on the prize - beautiful legs to match the rest of you, inside and out! I agree your hair really does look fabulous in your pictures. Good luck on the other leg, I am glad you have such a great mother to come and help you!!

Amber said...

WOW, hmmm I may get to see this in person in a few weeks. Glad I have something to prepare myself with :). Hope it looks worse than it feels.

annebabe said...

as gruesome as the pictures are, i think that they still don't do justice. maybe its because it was dark in the room last night, but i think they looked even worse than your photos. but just envision those cute capri pant wearing legs next summer. that is a happy thought. :)

Sarah said...

I was kinda hoping for more pornographic; what a disappointment. But- Gwyn does have a great idea for your costume for Halloween. Consider the mummy idea- not bad .. .