Monday, September 17, 2007

Mama

Mom and Kevin Pepper as Homecoming King and Queen (or Squaw and Brave)

Someones wedding? Is that Daryl with you? And Aunt Sandi!
Mom's Bridal Shower
Bryce's baby blessing
Mom and baby Bryce

I don't know where this picture is but I do know that my mom is very thin and this was ALWAYS my favorite way here hair was cut.
Nannie xoxoxox

I found these little gems as I was leaving mom's house today....I never gave her my birthday blog shout out, I was in LA, so here it is.
Things that are my mom:


-She never wears fingernail polish.
-Her hands are beautiful, thin and she has beautiful nails.
-She is very short and little.
-She and I have the same mole on our shoulder. (Kennan thinks it's disgusting)
-She was always up and ready before we went to school in the morning. (until jr. high)
-She shaves her legs dry:)
-She will floss her teeth at any given point in the day, grocery shopping, watching a movie.... (this bothers my dad)
-She has PERFECTLY straight teeth naturally.
-She can settle ANY baby down.
-She often brought breakfast in bed, just to start the morning off right.
-She is VERY fast at everything she does, cleaning, crafty projects, sewing, and everything else.
-She loves to eat. Which she has happily passed down to us.

-She always makes way to much food (it's called the Ausman overkill.)
-She loves diet coke with a squirt of lemon.
-She welcomes everyone in to her home. Poor old boyfriends hated to leave her.
-Old friends still ask about my mom, their old YW leader, and then gush on how much they love her and how she helped them.
-She gives wonderful advice, accept when it's partial to seeing her grand babies.
-When one of her children is struggling she circles the wagons.
-She is a great artist.
-She has lovely hand writing.
-She is a gatherer.
-She laughs at us even when we are a little crude.
-I taught her how to pluck her eyebrows (I was 17).
-Blue eye shadow is what she chose for me when I first started wearing makeup. -She supports you on WHATEVER you decide.
-She is the best after you have a baby.
-She is the favorite Grandma. (Sorry, but it's true)
-She will come in a pinch.

-She is the smartest lady I know....seriously!
-She is my Hero and the best of mom's.



Happy 53rd Mama!

8 comments:

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

I love you Mama!!!
Love all of the fun facts about Mom... who does shave their legs dry?? No one but Mom!

Some things you forgot to add..

.She's a crazy, scary driver
.She has a mean "stearing wheel" hand dance
.She's been known to call,e-mail, or IM boyfriends she doesn't feel are acting up to par
.She supported Kennan in liking the name "Hoback" (okay.. so you kind of added this one.. but it needed to be documented)
.She some how can do everything all at once, and usually please everybody
.She is the boss of the world!

Anonymous said...

Oh my....I should have been worried when Gwynnie was getting into the pictures as I left for Church, Huh? Thanks for all the sweet comments...you and your sisters are all a better version of me! But I love you! XOXO Nannie

stace said...

your mom is YOUNG. I mean, she looks young, but I always figured she was older than that. Way to go Robyn's mom for looking so good at 53!

B-Will said...

Robyn,

Thanks for documenting all of these wonderful things about Mom. They are all so true. Let me add a couple more.

She is an excellent listener. She has a way of touching your heart and mind. She has a strong mind, and is not afraid to speak it e.g. texting boyfriends, girlfriends, standing up to Johnny Belle, and my personal favorite chasing down a stranger who cut her off and then gave her the bird to his trailer park, and then telling him he was in the wrong, when he called her a bitch, she responded that he would know because he is the son of one. I love you Mom. Don't let anyone tell you that you occasionally aren't as crazy as your husband :)

kennan said...

no one loves mom more than i do. okay, so maybe we all love her equally. i look at her pictures and can see all 6 of us in them.

p.s. brad, it was "'shit', you under stand the word 'shit', you 'little shit'!"

kennan said...

2 p.s. does anyone else remember that dress she is wearing in the wedding picture being in the dress ups? i always hated the zipper....

annebabe said...

what a sweet tribute to your mom! loved the pictures, even if i don't know any one in the photo, i love looking at old photographs, call me crazy. :)

Sarah said...

Can I borrow your mom? I mean, my mom is pretty amazing but your post has sold me on yours. Sister Williams, need another daughter????