
For Presidents day Bob and I decided that we would head up to God's country for the day. You know, Zion National Park. We packed a lunch and planned for a couple of great hikes. As you can see from the picture of Tucker there is still a little snow on the mountain.
Well, about 1/3 of the way up the trail it became very icey and slushy. Bob was pushing Gil in the stroller and I was holding on to Gwyn. Lets just say Tucker fell about 30 times, Abe about a dozen and Bob at least once. I kept seeing in my mind my kids sliding off the mountain. I don't why we just didn't turn around. We were all grateful to be done with that hike and agreed that we were done with hikes for the day.
We saw an old man just about slip off the mountian....we were afraid we were gong to have to call an ambulance. I have to say though that we had a great time. (I am posting this picture because my husband didn't want me too.)
This is as far as we made it. This is a picture of the lower Emerald pool. Gwyn wanted me to take a picture of the rainbow.
We went back down to park at the Zion lodge and had our picinic. The kids were obessed with the box elder bugs on the big tree. I hate these bugs. They surround my house while I was growing up. I woke up many a night to one of these little red bugs crawling on me. One time I woke up to one trying to crawl in my ear......makes me shudder just remembering! Can I get a shout out from any fellow Highlander that also hated these bugs.
Like I said, they were fascinated.
Abe Baby just lost his top tooth last week......ahhhh the begining of the snaggle tooth stage.
I told you I was crazy about the shutter speed.
brothers....
the giggle girl
Just so you know, Gil is weighing in now at 32 lbs. He is one big kid. I am so interested to see how big he will be when he is grown. He is solid and so broad. There is no fluff to this little man. His rump is pretty round also......
I could eat him!
13 comments:
Highlander I am not, however in lil'old Preston those nasty little bugs are every where! Many days you couldn't look out the screen door or window it was so covered. Fun times at Zion!
That does it! I can't stand it. I MISS your kids and I have to see them. FYI...your pictures are incredible and if you get rid of the box elder trees then you get rid of the box elder bugs! Looks like you had a super deluxe time in Zion. Bob looks like he is totally in his element. I'm working on getting down there ASAP!
Aw...Gil. I could eat him too...and at 32 pounds there would be enough to share :0). Your pictures look great...I need a lesson in shutter speed.
LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A MEMORABLE TRIP! THE PICTURES ARE MAKING ME WANT TO MOVE DOWN THERE...JUST SO THAT I CAN LET MY PENT UP, ROUDY KIDS OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR A WHILE...THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH PLAYING IN THE SNOW I CAN HANDLE...IT'S WAY TOO COLD! BY THE WAY I THINK YOUR PICTURES ARE LOOKING AWESOME!KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! SUCH A CUTE FAMILY!
I have been on that Emerald Pool trail-- it gets super muddy and slippery near the falls, even on warm days. Add a little ice to the trail and you've got a recipe for disaster. Glad you all traversed it safely.
32 pounds for Gil? It will be interesting to see how my little child has fallen off the growth chart at this coming up 18 month appointment. She's definitely not keeping up with that cute kid of yours!
Well i'll be a monkey's uncle! ROBYN! How the heck are you?! (so random that I found your blog!) Email me, dude...chaichie@gmail.com
Rachel Young :)
Love the pictures! can I just say BIG BOY!! I love him!
darling, darling pictures.. i miss your kids and they all look so much bigger. how do you have an actual family.
bob, you look fabulous in zionS. kidding, kidding...... i miss your family! your pictures really do look fabulous, and for some reason i love the ones with bob throwing the babies... it's the shoes that do it for me. they just look real... i don't know. i just like them. bravo!
hi. i love your pictures and I love you. i especially love the bug one...great DOF. Let's get together soon and play photographer k?
KIT ~s
love gil..... in fact love all your kids. i really don't know if its natural to love someone else kids as much as i love yours. it's ok though because i will forever and always be their favorite aunt. and p.s. your pictures are better than mine. one day i will catch up.
Of course you can add a link to mine. I will to yours too. What a fun day you had with your family, we'll have to do that sometime. It's fun to check in on you. :)
Love your pictures!! The camera was well worth its investment. And can I just say Gil is looking very edible!! I'm hoping (for Mons and Gage's sake) that he doesn't like to wrestle as much as my bros did growing up.
Great shots!! I am glad you guys survived your Zion trip! I made a mental note to never visit there in February. Scary!
Post a Comment