Tuesday, April 22, 2008

hand, foot and mouth????

A quick post to say that we are sick at our house!!! After a great weekend with the cousins (the Mitchell's) Monson ended up with some serious stomach virus, Hunter with Strep throat, and Gwyn ended up with the hand, foot and mouth virus. Her poor tongue has about 15 sores on it.....and that's all I can see. 9 kids, 3 different illnesses....impressive!
Gil was really grumpy and whiny today so I am betting his mouth will be ugly in the morning. Abe had some random fever and sore throat today so I kept him home from school. Sometimes during the day he seemed fine but other times he seemed really sick. Bob stayed home from bishopric tonight and I took Abe to the Night Clinic. He does not have strep like his cousin just some other random virus.
When we get home Abe is bouncing off the walls like he is fine until I ask him to help Tucker clean up the playroom. Then he is really sick and feverish and is complaining about his head hurting. I don't know whether to believe him or not. I tell him to help Tuck clean up. When I go up to tuck them in and read our Harry Potter chapter Tucker is still cleaning. Abe is curled up on the couch in a blanket and tells me "Tucker told me he would clean up for me because I feel so sick." When I look at Abe he is white as a ghost and really feverish again. He climbs in bed and Tucker soon follows while I finish the tidy up.
Here is where it gets really sweet! I can hear Tucker in bed talking to Abe. He gets really emotional and says "Abe I just hate it when you are sick, it just makes me really sad for you. (tears) I love you! I am glad I could help you by cleaning up. I hope you are better soon."
I sit there and think, I suck as a mom. I am yelling at Abe to clean up, I can't tell if he is faking or not. Of course sweet Tucker is all concern and kindness. Where did he come from? I seriously need to take a lesson from him. So, pretty much it sucks to be sick and I am your mom, but it is awesome if you are brothers with Tuck!

10 comments:

jen said...

When my baby got sick, I kept thinking, "Where did he get this from? I don't know anybody who is sick". I have found out since then that all kinds of kids are sick! It stinks to have sick kids. I feel for you. I hope everyone gets better soon. For your sake and theirs!

andrea said...

everyone needs a Tucker. Hope you guys kick this thing (these thingS, LOL) quick. Being sick sucks.

Pam said...

Your poor family....will it ever end?? I love Tucker. I want him to be my MOM!! Hug those littles for me. I miss you all! XOXOXO

Ally said...

Oh... poor kids and poor Mom! Hope everyone receovers soon. And what a little cutie Tucker is- you know that I love both your boys for their good hearts. I also love you for yours, you are a GREAT mom.

Celia said...

That is such a sweet story (not the sickness part, of course -- especially Gwyn -- I would DIE!). Maybe I should send Henry down to be raised by Tuck. After hearing that, I'm sure he'd end up a little more sensitive and compassionate.

Jared and Misty Jensen said...

SIckness is no fun!!!!!:(:(:(
ALso just wanted to say WE MISS YOU GUYS !!!!!!!

amylmitchell said...

What a fun week we had with you!! Too bad about all the sickness though!! I just love that Tucker...what a tender soul!! Maybe when Abe gets feeling better his favorite Uncle Jeff will send him some Dings. ;)

Anonymous said...

Can I please see Gwynnie's room??? Please??? XOXO The Nan

Amber said...

So sorry to hear about the sickness. That is so not fun. Cute story about Tuck. Hope everyone feels better soon. Is Gwyn's room done? Why didn't I come see it while I was down there? It was really great to see you guys.

Rachel Young said...

That sucks. We've been through it here before :( I hope you're all better now!! :)