Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yes, she is signing autographs......

Little Miss had her first dance recital this week. Her class Two Much Fun has been really fun all year. There is not a lot of technique involved but she has sure gotten efficient at dress ups..... There are a lot of pictures, but I thought it would be great to see all of her costumes!
Nannie and Aunt Paige drove down for the recital. Gwyn could not have been more pleased to have such an audience. ( I am pretty sure she wants to be Aunt Paige when she grows up.)
Costume #1!!!! Jesse, from toy story. Gwyn had no fear and was quite the crowd pleaser. She danced and waved on her wooden horse like the Strawberry Days rodeo queen. Aunt Amy would have been so proud.
Costume #2 Butterfly Girl, doesn't she looks so excited to be showing us all she learned this year in dance. Truly she lives for this class weekly. I don't know what we will do all summer.

Costume #3 Princess Jasmine. Gwynnie was so sad because another little girl had stolen her high heels. She chased the teacher around trying to tell on the other little girl until she couldn't resist the music to A Whole New World. (I don't know why she knows that music so well?) By the end she was singing and had possibly her best moves to this dance....Paige has video of it.
This was her bow at the end of the dance.....This made the whole recital worth it.....what a grand bow. I could kiss her face off.
costume #4 Gwyn and Pipes dressed up to the nines. Pipes didn't join in for awhile but when she did Gwyn was right there to mother her in. Don't they look great? Gwyn kept trying to fix Piper's glasses.
Love her!

Daddy brought her a rose and this little girl was so excited about it. She spotted it before the recital began and kept telling everyone, "my daddy brought me a flower".

The Nan and Aunty Paige (do you think they look alike?)
Mr. Gilbear in his stroller watching and eating a cookie. Poor boy spends most of his days in this stroller.
Aunt Paige and Gwyneth
Daddy and Gwyn having a picnic. Gwyn served her dad the treats.
She might like her dad just a little! I won't lie and tell you that I wasn't thrilled to be having this day. I have always dreamt of doing this with my little girl. Thanks my little buddy for being everything I hoped you would be. I couldn't ask for a more girly girl!




14 comments:

Danielle and Fam said...

Josslyn is still a little too little, but I am looking forward to these times too...I hope she isn't a tomboy like me! She looks darling, but wow that was a lot of costumes! She's a cutie just like her mom!
We need to get together soon.

stace said...

she is hillarious!!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i need her.
seeing all of these brings back so many of our own memories of dance recitals, and makes me SOOO happy and excited to have my little Mins. Who wouldn't want a girl after looking at these??

i got a little teary when i read about bob bringing her those rose, and seeing the picture of the two of them at the picnic.. maybe i am a little pregnant, but it is soo sweet!

kennan said...

gwyn, thank you. i love her and am so excited to see her this weekend. i am a little sad they didn't have m&m costumes but oh well.

what is it with my nieces wanting to be paige? i know i have the boys in the bag for being their favorite but i need to work on the girls. maybe gwyn will want to be like me after this coming weekend. i am the hottest aunt anyway.

saramarilee said...

Even though I don't let my boys play sports until Kindergarten, you can bet B-ridge will be in dance like Gwyn ASAP! Am I biased?

annebabe said...

LOVE the dance photos, great post! i laughed about the reason as to why miss g might have the "whole new world" song memorized . . .
i vow to put rissa in dance immediately.

Pam said...

She is truly amazing! Such stage presence and poise! We were SOOOO lucky to be a part of that big day...my favorite part was her melting over her Dad having a flower for her! She is the best! Love, love, love her! XOXXOO

amylmitchell said...

What a fun dance class!! And one can just tell that Gwyn has all the moves!! Love her!!

Amber said...

I wish I could find a class like that up here. Halle would love it. She keeps asking me to sign her up for a dance class. I really need to do it. Great pictures!

Nate and Paige said...

I love her.... and would have brought her home with me if you'd consent. I'm just glad I'll be seeing your lot again in the next few weeks! I'll be sure to have Lucy available for gwyn at that time

Jessica said...

Wow! what a little actress you have on your hands it sounds like...too much fun! I can't wait to see what it will be like to have a little princess! Derek is going to be like Bob...she is going to be wrapped around his finger...she already is and she is still in heaven!!
Cute post! What a cute little gwyn!

Laura said...

She is the sweetest little thing! Can I get one of those autographs? Those are going to be worth something someday!

Jared and Misty Jensen said...

Robyn, Gywn has the cutest little lips ever!!! They are just the pefect little ips.

jen said...

I love that Bob brought Gwyn a rose. So cute. How fun are all those costumes??! She is adorable.