After a great nights rest any really yummy food at Aunt Chrissy's house she took us to Astoria. This bridge connects to Washington State. It is three miles long and a really cool bridge. Bob was TOTALLY fascinated with all of Oregon and it's history my deep thought were "wow, this how I totally imagined Forks would look like, mmm Edward."
We picked up my cousins kids and they pretty much spent the rest of the time with us. They were so much fun to have around. (we had a day of sunshine!)
This is the Column.... It tells the story of how Lewis and Clarke found Astoria, and all of the surrounding towns...(I think that's right.) Sacajawea was from this area. As it turns out, Lewis and Clark hated it here. I don't know why. This is probably one of the most beautiful place I have ever been. It was a little too cold for me though.
We took a Trolley ride that told all of the history of Astoria and it was really informative, for example, Goonies was filmed here, so was some of Lord of the Rings. This use to be THE biggest port town. The raging Columbia river is very scary here and hundreds of ship have gone down on these waters and never been found. There were also many canneries here.
The Trolley ride was delightful for Gil!
Gwyn with Mallorie, Gwyn does great when there are other girls.
Aunt Chrissy with funny little Cameron.
Here are the kids at the front of the Maritime Museum.
Just enjoying the fish below.
Mallorie was always willing to push Gil for me.
There were some great hands on things in the museum.
Bob had me take this picture of this Gun. This is for Papa Lyle.
This gun was named very appropriately don't you think? Our lunches while with Aunt Chrissy consisted if clam chowder. It was one of my favorite parts of the visit. Chrissy is so generous and was forever treating us.....Let's just say I probably put on five lbs just letting her feed us. This is how you know she and my mom are related. They can cook and they can cook A LOT! At night my cousin Carrie would join us and I just love her. She is the cousin I grew up with.

No comments:
Post a Comment