Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Brandi Carlile road trip.....


This is Bob and I in the car heading to Long Beach. We had a great time listening to Indigo Girls and Brandi Carlile's music. After that we listened to a little Harry Potter, The Deathly Hallows..... It has been a year since we both finished it so we thought we would try it on for size again....yep still totally engaging. It was so fun for us to just be together.

Bob got a reservations at the Westin Hotel directly across from the concert venue. It was a GREAT room and the so fun just to walk across the street. This is me standing in front of the Indigo Girls sign.

Here is Bob and I just heading in to the concert.....Bob was seriously 1 in fifty men at the whole concert. He was such a gem to do this for me. A few times we would see a big old lady and he would lean over and say "I think she could kick my ass". I would have to agree.

Brandi Carlile and the Indigo Girls...

The concert was AMAZING! Brandi Carlile sounded better in person even. Her voice is incredible and she was a great performer. When I first heard her I was completely obsessed with her. It was funny to watch Bob because he likes her music but he could not get over her voice and how she could just sing like it was nothing. After she performed she was signing autographs for awhile. Bob was trying to get me a CD that she could sign and right before I made it up she had to leave, so I followed her to the door and I told her how great I thought she was and she said thanks and started to walk away, then I said, "I came a long way to see you" she stopped and turned around looked at me stuck her hand out and said "you did? thank you." So, I shook her hand....Bob was trying to take a picture but it didn't turn out....oh well. It was so fun. He also bought me two cd's and a shirt, he said I couldn't go home with out one. I just like him so much!

This is what I have to say about her.....she will be really really famous someday mark my words! As Bob has said many times the last few days..."her music is haunting" him. He can't get it out of his head.

We had a great drive home, got stuck in a little traffic and missed the Weston twins Blessing....which we were bummed about. The kids had a great time with the Shotwell girls who did a fabulous job watching my kids overnight. Love those two girls. So all in all it was a wonderful little get away! Thanks babe for always spoiling me! You are my favorite person EVER!

9 comments:

trevan said...

thanks bob, one more thing for my wife to complain about that i don't do for her. just keep giving her ammo.

annebabe said...

love the photos! and what a fantastic, impromptu get-away! bob earned some serious brownie points. and i am so happy you burned me her cd so i can share in your recent obsession. :) thanks!

Pam said...

SIGH......such fun! I'm jealous!

kennan said...

robyn, you have always enbraced that inner lesbian. however, i do like brandi carlile myself and am totally jealous.

so true trevan, bob is a better husband! when is that book coming out anyway byob?

andrea said...

thanks to bob I had a dream about brandi carlile...LOL. I love the pics...you guys really are the cutest. really.

Amber said...

How nice to get away together, and for such a great concert. I will have to get Brandi's Cd. Which one should I start with? Chase came with me to Sarah years back. He could not believe how good she sounded. I think he has liked her more ever since that. I love that both Chase and Bob actually want to come with us to these concerts. Chase would not have minded being the only guy either.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

sere bob... all of us are jealous. dustin is taking me to see Wall-E with minie as well as about 100 other children... so i think that is a really close second

Young Family said...

Cute pictures!! You two make a GREAT couple. I remember going to the Indigo Girls back in high school with Jon Bromley :) I think it was my first eye opening experience to lesbians but was a WONDERFUL concert. I am glad you two got away!!

Sarah said...

Like I said, it was as very romantic gesture. Bob is definitely your prince. You didn't mention your run-in with B.C. You're such a groupie!