Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Last day of our trip

Do you know what this is?
Bobby could tell you. This is his crabbing basket. My cousin and her husband so kindly took us crabbing on their day off. My boys had been dreaming of it. I have to say they didn't realize that it might take a little time.....
Here is one of the crab that we caught. Tucker got brave enough to hold it.
Here are the three youngest kids. Gwyn was really bummed that we didn't bring her own Barbie fishing poll, but what can you do? Cameron was a pro at casting out. I am pretty sure he never left that spot the whole time we where there.
Daddy and Gwynnie having a little snuggle time.
Mallorie is happiness! She is like a beam of light, she is always positive and happy.
Gwyn was finding the grass very interesting.

This is my cousin Carrie and her puppy Maddie. Carrie and Bobby were great at showing us things. Carrie is a fountain of knowledge (in many ways:)) She was really sick with a terrible cough (I am guessing pneumonia) but still took all the time to hang with us. She is 4 years older than me but I always remember her being my friend. She was always nice to me and we shared many a birthday party. It's funny because it's been years but I still think of her the same way. Somehow she has become a true blue Oregon Girl, you would be amazed to find out she hasn't lived here forever.
Up until know I haven't brought up Miss Daisy. Chrissy dog is just part of the family. She was very sweet with the kids, Gil was obsessed with her but then he would kick her? why? because he is 1 years old? He was driving me nuts with this behavior.
Oh, yep there is trouble, or as Lisa nicknamed him "frat boy."
I adore this picture of Cameron.
Here are my two boys! By the end of the trip they were a little weirded out. They were not use to being so confined. They loved running on the beach and burning some energy, it's hard not to be in your own world for 2 weeks. The last day there Chris watch Gil while he slept and Bob and I took the three older kids to the arcade and shops. We also drove the bumper cars and found us some great Seaside sweatshirt! What a great time we had. What good boys they are!

My very favorite part of my trip to Oregon was the late night talks with my Aunt. It was great to get to talk for hours and learn more about her. It was great to talk about my Uncle Felipe who passed away in 2002. Her home was so cute and very comfortable. She is a remarkable woman and growing up I ALWAYS knew she loved me. Thank you Chris for a wonderful time..... We love you! It's your turn to visit us.

We got up really early 4:30 am and drove 900 hundred miles to Nannies house. Bob was a trooper and got there in one piece. The scenery was beautiful. I loved that everywhere we went you could see why people lived where they lived. It was great to see our wonderful countryside. How blessed we are to see God's hand in every detail of life!



4 comments:

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

beautiful pics...

however, can we please talk about gilbert?! i love him to peices and love that in all of his shots he is so concentrated on some food item.. the dorito one is my personal favorite. so intent on the deliciousness...

send him over!

Sarah said...

I should have been a stow-away on your trip. You made me so nostalgic for the NW beaches!! Seaside, Cannon Beach . . . love 'em.

Bowen Family said...

Hey Bob and Robyn,

That looks like a fun trip! Your kids are so adorable. Looks like they really got into it. Nope we won't be back in St. George for a while. It was fun to see you guys in April. Hopefully it won't be too long before we see you again. Take care!

Pam said...

I'm sick of crab baskets! :(