Friday, August 01, 2008

Sometimes you just need the day to end......

Well know fact: Gilbert is allergic to Peanut Butter!
Yesterday I made my kids some French toast for breakfast and peanut butter is a common love for a topping on it...(thank you Megan). After the peanut butter you put syrup on top of that....pure sugary deliciousness. After I finish putting PB on Tuck's and Gwyn's I realize we are out of syrup....I am always very careful to make sure Gil is not sitting by them. While the kids are running door to door to the neighbors looking for syrup I turn around to see Gil on top of the counter dipping his fingers into Tuck's french toast that is covered with PB. I am cursing under my breath and running for the Benadryl while I watch my son's face swell and his eyes disappearing. I get the situation in control and finish every ones breakfast and start to clean up when I hear Miss Priss screaming......

She is crying in pain and I keep asking what is wrong she cries,"I don't know, I just put something in my nose." This is never a good answer. So I set her on the counter and look up her nose to see it has some kind of ball in it. I keep having her blow her nose and trying all the tricks I know from some of my other children putting things in spaces they should not. Nothing is happening.....so I go for the tweezers. 10 minutes later I pull a big old arts & crafts pom pom out of her nose. Why? Why would you want that up your nose? I am thinking to myself it's 9 am and what else could go wrong? About 20 minutes later Tucker comes in from cleaning out the car and says " Mom Gil found some PB M&Ms in the car and has been eating them." At this point I audibly scream and clean out his mouth and hope we aren't going to have to make a trip to the ER. We never have PB candy, where is this coming from? By 9:40 am I was ready for the day to end. Poor Gil had swollen eyes until he went to sleep. Glad it's over!

11 comments:

Shotwell's said...

Sorry you had such a hard day, and more so for your sake.....glad it's over! Hope today was better! If nothing else it made for great blogging! Cute pictures too! I love the picture of Gwyn's muddy feet! You are awesome!

Pam said...

Holy smokes....the joys of motherhood! I had days like that with you kids and seemed to survive (sort of...my sanity is debatable!). The good news...tomorrow is always a new day and hopefully one with fewer catastrophes. Love their guts! XOXO

Amber said...

Yes yes, sometimes the day does need to end. I have thought the same thing. I think, this day really needs to be over now, we need 8 hours of recovery time and then we can try again! Poor Gil. Hey I think the last time Chase and I both came to visit you one of your boys had stuck something in his ear. It was a Sunday, I think it happened at church? So are they getting this from you or Bob? :) Love you!

Nate and Paige said...

I love Gwyn... pom poms up the nose are always a good idea... and i know where those peanut butter M&M came from.... should have left them with me :)

annebabe said...

i hear ya loud and clear!! some days were meant to be and others, well, you just want to crawl back in bed and start over, right? but the fact that mr.lips is gap-ad worthy in your first photo sure has to make up for it. :) he is too yummy.

kennan said...

why is gwyn not my daughter?! we both love to put things up our noses. when she puts the potato chips up there i can explain to you the lure of it! love your family and your potty training methods that have me singing your praises!

WHAT NEWS WITH THE BEUTS said...

You just got to love days like those!! Oh we love that Gwynnie girl.

Pam said...

P.S. I need a copy of that picture of Gil for my wallet...NOW!

Megan said...

You did such a good job of turning a bad day into a great story. Those are the ones we never forget, nor quit telling. Sorry the day was rough, but I bet bed time felt extra good. I just want you to know that I still eat peanut butter on my french toast, and my kids will have NOTHING to do with it.

Rachel Young said...

yeah...you need a vacation after that!

Jessica said...

I know what you mean when you just want the day to end! I'm glad that yours did and I hope that things have calmed down for you! cute, cute kids!