Sunday, December 07, 2008

Thanksgiving whirlwind.....

This year for Thanksgiving we ate with my husband family....We always stay at my mom's but every year we trade off (like everyone else I suppose.) I helped my mom and sister Paige get dinner ready and the house looking fabulous for dinner. Meanwhile, the rest of my family was playing a rousing game of football with cousins, neighbors, and our friends from home (the Laytons). My man and kids came in to get ready to go to Grandy and Grandpa's house. It's not that I like Gwyn more but p-l-e-a-s-e she is so much more fun to get ready than my boys. I mean my boys would look totally weird wearing bracelets and bows...right? I am totally in love with her hair in ringlets.....maybe a little less than in love with how long it takes me to do it, but the end result just make me happy:)

This year we had the Minnesota crew here and so Grandy and Grandpa decided to rent a huge party tent and host us outside. I had my doubts as to how this would turn out....(so did a few other people who showed up just to check it out.) Like always my mother-in-law did a bang up job on it and everything looked beautiful and tasteful/tasty. Here is a picture I snapped of it.

Grandy always adds the best touches....yes that is a chandelier hanging from the tent. They also had a heater inside so that we didn't get cold.....in case you were wondering.

This is my plate of food! I am hungry just looking at it again...


That night after things settled down (kind of) my mom, sisters, and I headed out to see Australia.. It was sooooo good and we all loved it. We somehow forgot to call Kennan at her in-laws to tell her we were going and we hurt her feelings and we all felt bad. SORRY K-dig:( But in all fairness one of my sisters and her husband were arguing about her going, the dinner dishes were still everywhere, and our movie started earlier than we thought. So ten minutes before the show started we jumped in the car and went.
* My fantastic husband did the dishes for my mom and tidied up everything (even though we did not eat there!) He is just so great! He did have help from that other husband who was not to thrilled about his wife heading off to a 3 hour movie, so he totally redeemed himself.


The next day Brooke and I did a Photo Shoot for this very nice family.

These are the parents to all of those kids and grand kids and great grand kids. He is very ill and won't be around long. They were very sweet together.


While I was busy snapping pictures my man had all the kids at the mall for Santa pictures with all of their cousins...isn't he great! We love cousins. My boys would like to live next door to Amy's kids. Amy handles the chaos of a million kids running through her big beautiful home SO much better than I could. Really, I want to be Amy when I grow up.
*P.S. Notice my daughter snuggled up to Santa...she may have some serious man issues. Should I be worried?

After the mall and photo shoot Gil had a short nap and then on to Grandy's for a tea party for the girls.
Kate is my Amy's oldest and she helped Grandy set everything up. Yes, she is that beautiful inside and out.

I loved Grandy's Decor for the party.


My mother-in-law makes the BEST ginger-snaps EVER!

Here is cousin Ella from Minnesota. She is so dang cute and is Gwyn's same age. Gwyn was very smitten with her.

This is Millie, Amy's youngest daughter and she is a year older than Gwyn and Ella. She is also amazingly beautiful and she is full of it. These three girls together are so much fun together. They all worship Kate and would like her to play with them all the time.



One of the games Grandy played was pin the Fairy on the flower....how cute is that?
She is trying....

Saturday Uncle Jeff, Uncle Dillon, and my man took all of the big boys fishing. I headed to Park City with my mom, Paige, Gwyn and Gil. Gwyn threw-up in the car and Gil was not feeling himself. This is why I have this picture up for you to see. We headed home earlier than we had planned because my kids all looked like Gil in this picture with a runny nose...sick! A small price to pay for a great weekend with FAMILY. What a great weekend. I love Thanksgiving. I could go for a turkey sandwich right now...how about you?

6 comments:

Amber said...

How cute is Gwyn, her hair, her clothes. The ringlets are to die for. She is darling. Yes we love our boys but what would we do without our little girls to photograph? Looks like a beautiful thanksgiving feast!

Amber said...

Oh and Bob, we know Robyn irons all the clothes so how could you fold them? Our study is pretty hit an miss too. That's why it made it in the post you see :)

Pam said...

Great post! Miss you guys...XOXOXO

Bean There...Done That said...

Robyn-
What can I say? There are no words in any vocabulary to thank you and Brooke for granting a final wish of my father's, my heart is touched and trembling. I am certain your kindness, tenderness, and sweetness has been recorded in the books of your fellow angels. Thank you, can't wait to see more!
Allison

Danielle and Fam said...

Great pictures...and I'm glad that I don't have to compete with those kind of awesome parties! Your kids are DARLING!

Young Family said...

Looks like such a fun weekend. I love the tea party--that is so cute that she did that for the girls. As always your kids are so ADORABLE!! I can't wait for the day that I can curl Dacia's hair like that--she is so beautiful--just like her mother!! Hope all is well for you guys. We miss you.