Wednesday, February 25, 2009

update on gilbert

its kennan again...

today, after being in the hospital for 2 days gilbert was life flighted up to primary children's hospital from st. george. he was life flighted because his lung(s?) have not gotten any better, in fact today have gotten worse. after another round of chest x-rays the decision was made that he needed to be at a children's hospital and needed a rigid bronchoscopy done. there was a mass in his upper right lung that was unidentifiable and his lungs needed to be scoped.


brooke and i met robyn at primary childrens while bob, nannie, and the rest of the lamoreaux children caravaned up from st. george. gilbert was taken in for surgery at 6:00pm. after the surgery/procedure was done the surgeon came into to say that he didn't find any mass, meaning gilbert did not aspirate anything in the fall. he said that he found a lot of fluid and mucous in his lungs and removed what he could. still no answers as to why gilbert is not getting any better. gil is doing okay, but still requires a significant amount of oxygen and is in pain from a lot of deep tissue bruising from the fall.  tomorrow the lamoreaux's hope to meet with a pulmonologist to see if he has any answers to this puzzle.

 gilbert has gotten to have 3 ambulance rides and one plane ride throughout this journey and i think his life flight ride was his favorite one yet. he told robyn when they landed that he wanted to go again. sweet, sweet boy.when he woke up from the anesthesia he asked for sucker and was delighted when nannie came in carrying 3! bob got there around 8:30 after driving from st. george and dropping off the kids at the mitchell's and gil was SO happy to have his daddy-o there. gil is ready to go home and keeps asking to see judee and minie. he really is the most adorable little boy. poor robyn needs rest and is totally and completely drained both physically and emotionally. 

keep this family in your prayers and thoughts. we will update this when we know more and hopefully the next update will be when sweet gilly bear is home.


8 comments:

Dixons said...

Oh, wow, you guys. I'm so sorry that you're going through this right now. Know that you're all in our prayers. Let me know if you need anything. Hang in there.... Love you!

Anonymous said...

Kennan, thanks for the info! I hate this kind of thing :-( being a mom can put us in some scary situations! FYI, my Thomas made it to adulthood...a miracle. I'll certainly keep y'all in my prayers.
Much love,
Denise

The White Clan said...

Robyn, I am thinking of you often. I am so sorry for the trials you have been facing, but I know you are not alone. With so many people who love you guys, I know the prayers are many. Mine included!
And Kennan,I love the updates, thank you!
Lots of love,
Kacey

Amber said...

Thank you Kennan for the updates. Robyn and Bob you and Gil are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. I can only imagine how hard this must be on all of you. Sweet baby boy I hope he gets better soon.

Celia said...

Robyn -- so sorry to hear this is happening to your family. You will all be in our prayers!

Jan Russell said...

You've got prayers coming from PA too! I hope your little guy is fully recovered and home, soon!

Karlee said...

We are so sorry to hear about Gil! Thanks Kennan for updating the blog for us! Hope to see Gil & your family home soon!!

Anonymous said...

Bob, Robyn and family, Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. We miss all of you. Please hurry home so that we can play "Don't eat Pete."

Come home soon.

Yes, we believe in miracles!