Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tea for Two...little Gwynnie's 4th birthday!

This year Gwyn decided a tea party would be the way to go for her birthday. She loves her American Girl dolls so it would be tea for two.
I won't lie....I had a great time preparing for this!
I think it turned out lovely. I forgot to take pictures of the tea bags that they took home with their prizes...schucks!
We had a fashion show to begin with....The girls and Talon (the one boy there) loved this. I took pictures of all 12 of the kids but to post them all might put me over the edge. We took some video of it so maybe I will post that.
Then we had a lovely High Tea. We had heart, butterfly, and flowered shaped pb&j sandwiches. We also had my favorite cucumber finger sandwiches, melon balls, veggies, and COOKIES galore! Instead of tea we had apple juice.....thought the kids would like that a little more.
Grandy, Aunt Amy, Aunt Laura, Amelia, Monson, and Mia came just for the party! What a treat. Grandy brought this tray full of cupcakes for Gwyn. They were so cute with pictures of Gwyn on each of them. She is so fun a creative.
We decided to try to keep it small but in our neighborhood alone there are 12 kids that she plays with, and Piper (from another neighborhood) is always invited. They don't really have a choice in being friends!

Gwyn got some lovely things from her friends.

They played a game called put the sugar cube in the tea cup...
See Gwyn's amazing dress???
My mom made it for her for her birthday!
After eating cupcakes they all went to jump on the tramp in their fancy dresses!! I loved Piper with her petti-skirt that wouldn't stay up.
It was a fun party!
I can't believe she is four already....It's all going to fast. I am trying to make every moment count.
P.S. If you were wondering what my boys were doing during this time....What else? Dressing up and scaring the girls. 11 little girls 1 little boy screaming there lungs out....not so much fun.

14 comments:

farmgirl said...

What's a good tea party without a little pirate interference?
The party was perfect from the invites right down to the delish lemon cookies.
Good Job, Top Robyn!!

Pam said...

What a dream come true party! So wish I could have been there. Adore that little Miss Priss...she is one in a million! (And she looks amazing in the dress!) XOXOXO

annebabe said...

fantastic party, fantastic hair, (ringlets were definitely the order of the day, good call mom) fantastic dress, fantastic fun. she'll remember this one for ages. :)

kennan said...

wish we could have been there. jude would have loved scaring the girls with tucker and abe. he thinks they are his age anyway. love you and HOPE to see you in 2 weeks.

xo

jen said...

What a fun party! I love her outfit. Very cute.

Amber said...

Fun party and I love the dress!!!

Nate and Paige said...

That is my cup of tea... forget the Carribean I want to be at the party! It all looked fabulous, especially miss priss!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! I think I want to have a tea party for my next birthday. Hey whenever is good for you and Andrea to take pictures just call me. I'm so excited.

Anonymous said...

robyn, u r the reason i love teaparties, i refuse to have the without you !!!! wish i could of been there, sounds amazing :)))

west's said...

It looks like it turned out darling! Adde said she had so much fun. I heart Gwyn's dress. Does your mom want to make Adde one now:)

Tiffany said...

I want a tea party too!! It looks like so much FUN!! What a wonderful idea! How do you come up with things like that? Your kids are so adorable! I miss seeing cute Abe everyday! I hope your summer is going great though!

Nathan & Dacia Holt said...

what an absolute darling idea for the party - it looks like it was a blast!

Megan Andersen said...

Every little girls dream!

Rach said...

So fun--you are an awesome photographer--And Gwynnie is dang cute!