Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hogle Zoo/Summer Vacation

_MG_0921


The summer is never complete if you don't take a trip to the Hogle Zoo. Can't you just see the excitement on my kids faces! They are just so cooperative when it comes to group pictures.

_MG_0925


One of the best things about going home to visit is how everything we do we have company to join us. I LOVE it! I would move home (near to all of our family)in an instant if they didn't have that thing called WINTER. My sisters and kids joined us and so did Bob's sister and family. Look at all those attractive children, and they all look so thrilled to be there.

_MG_0945

My favorite attraction at the zoo are the elephants. I just think they are so majestic. Here is Gwyn watching the elephant get fed.

_MG_0942

This was the pregnant elephant who was very soon to be due. After two years I am sure she is looking forward to that delivery. Honestly, she looked great and I couldn't tell which one was actually pregnant. It was nice that they had signs so you could identify her.

_MG_0938

My kids adore this elephant that sneezes and shoots water out of it's nose.

_MG_0949

Miss Poppy Louise was a joy, she just happily rode around in her stroller.

_MG_0952

Mia (aka cheeks) was happy to be held by her dad and go along for the ride.

_MG_0956

Brooke and Minie on that cute little Merry- go- Round.

_MG_0963

Kennan, Jude and Gwyn. Love myself a little time with "Kenna"!

_MG_0965

Bob and Gil. Has anyone else noticed I don't have one shot with Gil really looking at me?

_MG_0968

Meanwhile, Greta, Poppy, and I were happily watching all of the kids going round and round. Greta was holding and eating her corndog like a champ.

_MG_0978

Brad had told us not to miss the bird show and he was right. It was fantastic. I kept thinking of Farmgirl freaking out as the birds flew right over our heads nearly touching us. Our kids were in awe and the Bald Eagle was beautiful to see in person.

_MG_0983

Gil and Gage had a wonderful time running together holding hands looking at all the animals. It was very rainy our whole trip up north, but we got two days free of rain. The weather was perfect that day, and so was our trip to the zoo.

8 comments:

farmgirl said...

Thanks for posting the picture of the bird. That's close enough for me.

Pam said...

Can't believe I missed this event...and all my favorite people were there!

kennan said...

front butt alert

Nate and Paige said...

hahem.... you went to the zoo with TWO of your sisters. Glad your back in the blogging world though!

Megan Andersen said...

I sure hope we can make it to the animal house this summer...Ava would love it!

Unknown said...

Rude, we didn't get invited!

KayDee said...

Looks like you had a great trip! We love any family trips!! http://chrisandkaydeesmith.blogspot.com

Pam said...

More updates, please!