Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My New Yorker's

This family is our Santa Clara family, our Santa Clara family from New York.
We moved in 2 weeks after them. They moved into Mormon central and seemed to totally adapt to it. So much they didn't take promotions and just stayed here.
Jen is the name on all of my kids emergency contact lists. She's who I call when I'm in labor to come over at 2am to stay with my kids. Geena and Nick are my other kids. They are the most polite and kind kids I know.
I love this family.
We pretty much have an open door policy except if Jen's blinds are closed, because that means they are still sleeping....sometimes at 11am.
Jen let's me boss her around sometimes and vise versa, truly she is like my sister. Steve is just Steve.....It was a pleasure to take their pictures.


Nick (11) has an old soul and a tiny bit of old gossipy lady in him.

All my kids think he is their best friend.

Geena (7) is 3 year older than Gwyn, and is truly Gwynnie's best friend.
Geena is happy and cheerful and always kind.















Don't these kids have the best brown eyes?
I love my New Yorkers....
p.s. Hope you like them!

7 comments:

brooke c jackson said...

so gorgeous!
i love me some jen!!! there pictures are perfection

andrea said...

oh my gosh. Love these. I love Jen. Truly, I love her. Even though she sometimes wants to beat me up.

PS--and the make out picture went where...???

kennan said...

robyn, these are truly beautiful photographs. they capture the dolce's beautifully. is it wrong that i love jen like a sister too? please, she is amazing. geena is GORGE and nick will be a heart breaker. i lurve these.

p.s. xo to the naartjie... way to represent.

2 p.s. jen feel free to call me anytime you want to make some delicious food.

Pam said...

Seriously...these brought tears to my eyes! I love this family and always feel safe knowing Jen is near my Santa Clara family. And these photos are gorgeous, Robyn! LOVE them!!

Micki said...

oh wow they turned out beautiful! I agree with everything you said about them, they are neat people. You do great work Robin!

farmgirl said...

These are great! I think one of my favorite things about Jen is that she called immediately to find out who the new bishop was--I love her. :o)
Did you go out to Gunlock? Love it.

Tree said...

Okay, so I just cried looking at the beautiful photos of my sister and her family. I miss them all terribly. Robyn, thanks for capturing my beautiful sister. She doesn't realize just how gorgeous she is. Not too mention My Spider monkey Geena and Nicholas. You are such an amazing photographer!!