We have been SICK at our house.
Some nasty virus walked in the door and settled in real nicely with everyone in this house hold. We all spent at least 2 days in bed and then 5 more wanting to just lay around....okay maybe just I wanted to lay around that long. Bob came down with the virus while Gwyn and I were away at Paige's shower, so by the time we got back he was doing better. He was awesome and took great care of us when he got home from work. There may have been a few nights I got in bed at 6pm.
On Saturday we were all feeling stir crazy and needed to get out. After Tucker's bball games we headed to Zion National Park.
On Saturday we were all feeling stir crazy and needed to get out. After Tucker's bball games we headed to Zion National Park.
It was so nice to get out.
The park still had some snow, so no real hikes were possible for the family.
There were some amazing water falls that you don't usually see in the spring or summer. We loved finding them all.
We had a hard time trying to convince Gil it wasn't a good idea to eat the snow...
Gwyn was thrilled to just be out. She the first person to get sick and so she had at least a week of being couped up while feeling a lot better. Miss Debbie, Gwyn's pre-school teacher, dad passed away so we didn't even have pre-school to occupy her mornings with.
Mr. Abe...
See this face, this is the face he makes when he talks in this annoying voice that Bob and I want to cover our ears when we hear it.
We're really nice parents.
Tuck was home sick 3 days.
He begged me to take him Barnes & Noble to pick up the last book in the Lightning Thief Series. He even bought it with his own money. He read the whole series in 3 weeks and couldn't put it down. We have 2 rules at our house or 2 deals if you will; if you read a book and you really like it, Mom will read it too. And if the book is a movie, you can't see the movie until you read the book.
I started right away, and I was as sucked in as he was. I finished the series last night. It was a really fun read. Abe is almost finished with first book. I will have the two best looking dates to the opening of movie next week.
Can you believe we will have one more to add in about 4 months?
We are so excited!
So there it is...an update finally!
We loved a little afternoon in Zion, and we all enjoyed a little fresh air.
Although we were couped up so long and feeling yucky....
I won't complain about the read-a-thons we had.
I find so much joy in having book discussions with my boys. (Bob included, he just finished Mistborn.)








5 comments:
I love Gwynnie's little pose in the first picture! What a doll :)
So glad you brood is finally on the mend. Miss you guys like crazy!!! XOXOXO
gwyn... fierce.
sorry for your drama. its now even more important that i move down there so we can join forces against mean friends. we will be the 2 most bossy/gossipy ladies utah's dixie has ever seen.
xo
Uh, ya Gwyn's pose on that first picture says a lot. She can totally hold down the only girl spot JUST FINE.
I know a little bit about cabin fever these days... I am glad you guys are feeling better and got to get out. Looks like a fun afternoon in Zion!
Post a Comment