Friday, July 16, 2010

Two wheels

Last week Bob and Tucker were at All Star practice and the kids were outside playing.
I took Sully out with me to sit and watch the kids.
Gil kept begging me to take his training wheels off.
I told him we would have to wait until daddy got home.
It was starting to get dark when Bob and Tuck pulled up.
That was not going to deter Gil from his wants.


_MG_9318-1

Next thing I know Bob had taken off his training wheels and Gil was just going.
Truly!
He just took off.
Bob held the back of his seat when he got on and then he just started pedaling.
It took him 3 minutes to figure out how to start himself off.
He couldn't wait to try it again the next morning.
_MG_9312-1

Now he is part of the neighborhood bike crowd.

(Although he did start riding a two wheeler before most of his friends that are a couple of years older than him.)

He is already asking for a new bigger bike that's blue.


_MG_9330


Bob thinks he looks like a clown on his tiny bike and how fast he pedals to keep up with the big kids.
Mostly I think he just is a CLOWN!

_MG_9332


Lady was not to be shown up.
There was no way Gil was going to ride his bike before her.
So after Gil took off she had Daddy take her training wheels off too.
She got going pretty shaky while she whimpered through the pedaling.
But she did learn that night as well, maybe not as gracefully though.
There was no way she was going to be shown up by her little brother who is 15 months younger.

_MG_9339


It has been so fun to see how much more they ride their bikes now that their training wheels are gone. They have had a lot more crashes too:)


*helmets are being worn more too I promise.

5 comments:

Pam said...

I've said it before....Gilber is freakishly co-ordinated. And good for Miss Priss to not be outdone! Bikes are great entertainment...for kids and parents!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the joys/pains of peer pressure! Some kids are just more "able" - and then there's my first. He was SO delayed in taking off his training wheels I was beginning to really worry about it.
You go Gil!
Good for you, Gwen!
Keep the supply of bandaids ready :)

jen said...

One word: AMAZING! Way to go Gil and Gwynn!

kennan said...

gil is a freak of nature and the coolest kid i know.

we will adopt him if needs be.

amylmitchell said...

Love them!!