Sunday, August 22, 2010

red day...

On Gwyn's real first day of school, it was red day.
Her teacher asked them all to wear something red...anything red, shoes, shirt, earrings, socks...you get the picture.
So Gwyn and I found every little thing we could think of for her to wear that was red.
A girl is so much fun.

_MG_9824

Her request for her hair was to be in Jessica's heart hair-do....because of course hearts are red.
_MG_9819

Red Boots...

_MG_9821

Red lady bug earrings, red braclet, red bows and of course...
Red finger nail polish...
(This lovely pose was inspired by Andrea who so kindly painted her nails for her really quick because I am terrible at painting nails.)
Andrea loves to feed Gwyn's vainness if you will, and while she paints Gwyn's nails she says to her, "Gwyn, have you thought about how you are going to pose for the pictures your mom's going to take of you?" Gwyn responds, "no I haven't" and then Andrea suggested this pose.

_MG_9818

Gwyn on the playground with some of her neighborhood friends.

_MG_9830

I watched my little girl stand at the door while the teacher explained the routine to the kids. I thought that I was fine with her going to school until all the kids walked in with their arms folded and silent, my little girl turned and yelled, "love you mom" and then blew me a kiss.

By the time I made it home there were many tears shed.

I can't believe my buddy has started school.....

7 comments:

annebabe said...

ohhh, sweet Miss G. Big day for her and big day for you. But . . . she looks red-a-liscious and will LOVE kindergarten! So that should ease the pain a little, yes?

her hair, nails, ribbons, all of it, are to dye for. love having a girl!

staci said...

What a cutie she is. She's not spoiled or anything being the only girl right? I LOVE the special pose she did. Classic. She is a doll.

farmgirl said...

Andrea's pretty much the devil when it comes kids vainness.

Pam said...

Oh, Miss Priss...you and school were made for each other. Hang in there Mommy. She is going to be AMAZING. Miss you all! XOXOXO

andrea said...

oh Gwyn. You are such a good student. You did the pose just like we practiced. I am so proud of you! I will miss you while you're at school though...who will I call to get the scoop on your mom every afternoon?

Let's tell your mom to take a picture of you in your fancy kindergarten garb every day--then whole world can admire your beauty. I'll keep coming up with poses, OK? Love your BFF.

jen said...

PERFECTION. Her hair, her dress, the red fingernails, the bracelet....absolutely perfect.

amylmitchell said...

She's so sweet!!