Abe told me last year that once he was in 4th grade he would be running for Student Council.
So when he brought home is papers already signed by a couple of teachers and wrote his reasons why he would be good for Student Council I had to get on board.
I seriously don't know why my two older boys are such over achievers.
I seriously don't know why my two older boys are such over achievers.
Truly I don't.
I never did any of the things that they want to do.
I honestly don't push them either.
I won't lie that it is really hard to encourage your child to do something that you have no control over the outcome.
I had to keep asking Abe if you would be okay if he didn't win for his class.
He kept telling me he would win, and it was all fine.
They could make one poster and they had to give a speech.
Here are a few of the pictures that I took.
This is Abe.
But this....this is REALLY Abe's personality.
He is funny and witty and can sometimes be a little annoying.
(What 9 year old isn't sometimes?)
With a name like ABRAHAM....you have to use the honest aspect:)
We heard it worked for this other amazing Abraham.
So election day came.
I went to the school to hear his speech.
There were 5 girls and 3 boys running.
There would be 2 people from his class that would join student council.
He did great on his speech, his poster was the best. (Thanks Andrea!)
I was nervous all day for him.
When he came home from school I met him outside and kept asking if he won....he said "wait until we are inside mom" Then as soon as we got in the house he smugly told me, "yeah I won". Bob came around the corner and yelled "you won" then grabbed him up in bear hug and Tucker and I joined in and we smooshed him until he was yelling, "I can't breathe."
It's pretty cool when they win.




1 comment:
This boy is destined for greatness!
XOXO
Post a Comment