Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Okay, so we are totally Harry Potter Geeks!!! 8 years ago while pregnant with Tucker I heard on the Rosie O'Donnell Show (before she was a known crazy) about the Harry Potter books. At the time the second book had just come out. I went and picked the first 2 books up before leaving to Lake Powell on a week trip. Our car broke down half way there and I finished them both while staying the night in Panquitch and waiting for my parents to come pick us up. I have been in love with them ever since. I got Bob to start reading them too, so there you have it full fledged geeks.
We have taken the boys to the last three books releases, and my boys look for to it. In fact Tucker started crying when we were driving home form the party saying, "I'm just so sad it's all done now". I just finished reading the 1st book to my boys and two chapters in to the 2nd. Yesterday while talkingt to Tuck and Abe about the book we decided that we would go buy glasses and wands...possibly a cape. The capes were $35 and I thought I could quick make some. Don't mind you that it was noon the boys had a swim meet at 3pm and our babysitter was coming at 8pm. So after many phone calls to my mom for some instructions (oh yeah...I can't really sew) this was the end result. My boys LOVED them. I mean, they can say to their grand kids that they were there, because I truly believe that they will be books that are timeless and classic.
Ally and Wes this one is for you....and I did not got to the party this way! Way to hot to wear a real wool cloak in 110' weather.
We went to dinner before hand! It was really fun just to have the two older boys with us.
Tucker and Abe with Hagrid.
Daddy helping to make a Golden Snitch.
The end result.
Abe was sorted into the Slytherin house and so he had snakes painted on his face....he is looking sour like Draco.

So I finished the book Saturday at 5pm(thanks to my husband who took over my life so I could read ). I thought it was great. I felt sad about it being the last book but I felt like JK Rowling is a genius and stayed really true to all the characters. I gobbled it up and plan to again in a couple days when Bob is finished. If you don't enjoy Harry Potter than something might be wrong with you and you may need to find a little imagination in your life!

6 comments:

kennan said...

i don't know about classic, but i love that you do this with your boys.

p.s. how quick can robyn read a book?

Anonymous said...

YOur capes turned out awesome! Why wasn't Bob Hagrid??? And why am I not surprised that Tuck had a few tears over it being the end? Remember the balloons?? What fun that you take part in the festivities. XOXO Nannie

andrea said...

and you own a cloak because...?

I am super impressed with the capes. Your boys look so cute!

Nate and Paige said...

I say it over and over again... I think you have the most fun family! I am envious you have kids to do all these fun things with... and a husband you agrees their fun! I am also impressed by those made sewing skills....

stacia said...

what fun! love the new layout too!

Jared and Misty Jensen said...

Your boys our so Handsome!!! And you are one hot momma!!! Especially all Harry Pottered out!!! Love you guys and miss you tons.