Saturday, November 24, 2007

Trip # 1

We took a trip up to my mom and dad's for my Aunt Eileen's Surprise 50th birthday. I love my Aunt dearly and couldn't imagine my life with out her in it. When my mom told me she and Eileen's best friend Susan were going to put this together, I knew I couldn't miss it.
Pam, Eileen, and Susan

She was definitely surprised and she had a very large room filled with TONS of her dearest friends. I knew most all of her friends because we grew up with Eileen just down the street. What a fun night! What an incredible woman.

I stayed up at my parents and Bob flew home Sunday night. One of the days there my friend Ally and I went to a awesome place called Kangaroo Zoo. My kids had a blast, even Gil who is just barely one. This is Gil and and Adam they are 1 month apart. They really enjoyed this inflatable place!
Gwyn could run around here for hours. She made a little friend in the obstacle course seeing that my boys adopted Ben as there own friend even though he is Gwynnie's age.
Abe


Tucker was to busy going down the slides and all the other things that I didn't get a picture of him.
All in all this was a pretty fun trip, my last day there I got really sick, as did Gwyn and Abe. When I say I got sick, I mean I don't remember being this sick since I was 12 years old. Thursday I was suppose to drive home,(so I could make it back for book group) and about 1 am Thursday morning I couldn't stop shaking and it hurt to swallow. I kept thinking where is Bob? Why do I do this to myself, I should never stay with out Bob? How on earth am I going to drive me and my 4 children home when I am shaking this bad? At 8 am I had Gwyn and I at the Insta Care and 45 minutes later Gwyn had gotten a shot for Strep throat and I got some antibiotics for my Strep throat. My dad offered to drive us home, but seeing that he had his cancer removal surgery planned for Monday, I couldn't let him do it, and get himself sick (I am pretty sure a 4 hour drive with me and my children would have infected him). So Bob tried to get a flight back to SLC but he didn't make the flight so I pulled my self off my mom's couch (she had a huge bridal shower at her house that night for my soon to be cousins wife.) And with my mom's help loaded my children and bags and drove home. I honestly don't remember much of the drive, and the minute I walked in the door, at 6:30pm I climbed in bed for the night and missed my beloved book group. I told Bob I will never go and stay with out him again. He told me that's great and until I tell him in six months I am going up to my mom's with out him........Thus my vicious cycle.......

4 comments:

Pam said...

Didn't Wynonna look fabulous that night??? Great pictures of Kangaroo Zoo too!

XO Nannie

annebabe said...

welcome back!!!! so glad you are alive, well and posting again. i have missed my robyn very much. :) and glad you enjoyed the treats. good luck with all the weekend festivities, see you saturday!

Amber said...

Oh, poor girl! That sounds awful! Glad you got home safe!

Celia said...

Robyn, I do that too! I'm always so thrilled with the idea of going to my parents' house that I rarely think twice about the 8 1/2 hr. drive alone with two kids. And then inevitably, someone gets sick and I'm left thinking, "Where's Scott?!? Why do I always do this to myself?" We've all been there. And like you said, it is a vicious cycle and we know we'll all do it again ... and again ... and again ....

Adrienne told me she saw you at Target. How crazy! She said you looked darling!