Wednesday, January 02, 2008

This is why I LOVE my husband.....

Here they are....the pictures many of you have been waiting for.
I love my husband for many reasons, but mainly for how hard he makes me laugh. This quality is so important in marriage and he just makes the journey worth while. Thank you babe for being so dang much fun!

Sarah and Mark had their annual New Years Eve Party and you had to come with a Karaoke song ready. I fully admit we stole the Aladdin idea from Kennan and Trev's lip sync last year.....but we used a little of our own interpretation, and we had to really sing (ugh)!
I am pretty sure that we shocked everyone with how prepared we were. Let's just say that the laughter never stopped while we were performing and we did win the entire contest. I was good, I stayed in character, but my husband stole the show, he had me crying I was laughing so hard. We had practiced all day and kept singing to each other all day long. Gwyn knew the song "A Whole New World " better than we did by the end of the day. It was Bob's idea to cut leg holes in our magic carpet.....which I think was the magic touch. We performed it for our kids before we left and Tucker looked at us and said "I am kinda embarrassed." You know you have prepared to the best of your ability if your 8 year old tells you that. It was a fun night. The Weston's always throw a great party!
Sorry this is blurry....I took my old camera? why? who knows?

The Broughs did a great interpretation of Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers.

Mike and Mary Ann and his Ding-a-ling
The Westons did a great BNL Song....If I Had A Million Dollars
Sara and Steve did a great impression from High School Musical. Who knew Steve could move like he did. I did not know he had it in him.
Anne and Travis as Dead or Alive!!!!!Hilarious....A side of Travis I have never seen.
The Schicks did a song from Hair Spray.
My camera died before I could take anymore pictures.....curse my old camera. This was a great night!!!! Thanks Weston's....We love to hang out with you guys.



9 comments:

amylmitchell said...

Um, Tucker, I think Papa Lyle is right there with you.

Amber said...

That is so great! I wish I could have seen it in person. How fun!

saramarilee said...

I keep chuckling to myself at odd times, and Steve says "I bet I know what you're laughing about!" That Aladdin performance was world class! Never to be forgotten!

annebabe said...

the karioke night of infamy! can you imagine if we all drank liquor? that would be some party. i don't think its possible to top your song, ever. by anyone, at any given time, ever.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

bobby baby bikini.... love him.

Pam said...

WOW!!! You two really know how to impress your friends. Poor Tucker has no idea all the embarrassment that yet lies ahead in his life! I wish I could have witnessed it in person!

El Scorcho said...

You all rocked sooo hard, I loved the commitment.
It truely was a night that will live in imfamy.

kennan said...

i am glad we could inspire something so beautiful. did you get it on video?

emily salway said...

Hey Robin!! It's Emily from Fresno:) I sometimes go blog surfing and ran into your blog just at the right time! Mike & I have been talking about doing an eighties party and I just got a karaoke machine for Christmas. What a fun idea your friend had! Hope she doesn't mind us stealing it! And I'm sure there will also be some stealing of song/singer ideas! You guys look like you have some fun friends out there:)