We went to the movies when ever we wanted, and both worked. Waking up lying next to each other was an amazing treat.
*Our first real fight because Nick and Warnick invited you to play basketball and you agreed with out hesitation. You left our house with a dinner for two uneaten and very angry wife. Who later had her car towed because I went back to my old apartment to visit Ally and parked where it was apparently illegal. Good times....kind of hard to give the silent treatment when you need your husband to rescue you.
Year 2:
Our first baby was born and we had so much fun playing with him....you had a real Engineering job in SLC and we had 2 cars. We bought our first home. Still a treat to wake up next to each other and the baby in bed with us.
*You went to pick out our new car and we had a price set that we were not going above. You came home with a very reliable Prism but spent double what we wanted to spend. After I threw a major crying fit you left and came back with a pink Neon (that you would be driving to work) that was just the right price.....you are a good man Charlie Brown!
Year 3:
We welcomed our 2nd baby into our home. We spent lots of time with our families, and we thought our two boys were the best. You started a different Engineering job close by our home. We woke up a little less happy with Tucker still in our bed but we relished the fact that our boys would sleep in if we snuggled them in bed with us.
*Tucker ate rat poison down stairs in the nasty basement......You had to rush him to the ER and we we watched them put charcoal down our babies throat. You had to travel to Vernal weekly for days at at time....I really hated it. Our new house was very old and we realized we didn't love what came with that. That house gave every spider a bad name to you. Watch out spiders.
Year 4:
Abe was sick ALL the time we were in and out of the hospital with him. You were gone so much to Vernal and I think on this year as very hard. I felt better when you got home. We finally got a king size bed and waking up was a treat again even with Tucker in our bed.
*You were layed off from work and we were really scared, it was a real shot to your self-esteem. We almost took job in Georgia but at the last minute a better job came around in Fresno, Ca.
Year5:
We moved to Fresno and we didn't know a soul. We had so much fun just being a little family and discovering all of our new surroundings. I was so crazy about you in a different way....something about being on our own. We made great new friends. I think of this as a fantastic year. We were sleeping again because our babies were growing up, and thinking about maybe another baby.
*Abe was still so sick and we had a very scary ambulance ride with him.
Year 6:
We continued to enjoy Fresno, I was pregnant and then I lost the baby at 16 weeks and my world crashed. You took great care of me and after only 1 1/2 years in Fresno you made the decision to move us to St. George. We bought a NEW house and started our life over.
*I was very sad. That was very hard for you. You took a job delivering Pizzas at night to make a little extra cash to pay for insurance.
Year 7:
We were having a baby and it was a GIRL! We loved our house, St. George, our neighborhood, and how much closer we were to our families. Your job was terrible and we had no insurance but by October you were working for a wonderful company. You were totally smitten with our daughter. Our bed was free of children, and we had totally enjoyed our waking up together again.
*You lost your brother. You were sad. We spent a lot of time talking and crying. Gwyn's birth made some of the hole better.
Year 8:
We were having another baby. You added on to our house and did a great job of it. Your job was great, we had insurance, and you didn't have to travel. We were in the mix of sports and all that goes with little boys. Gil was born and our lives were really full and really busy. Tucker was back in our bed a lot after Tim's death, he was scared. We managed to enjoyed our quiet moments though.
*Gil had to spend a couple weeks in the NICU and that was no fun. I was a little less fun than before, four kids was dang hard. You had to calm me many times.
Year 9:
We have traveled like crazy and had so much fun. The kids are getting easier and harder. You got to baptize our oldest son. We had a week long cruise without our children. You have stolen me away for a few night here and there. We are so busy! All of our money goes to feeding our kids.....holy cow it's expensive. When we wake up to each other it is only to look over Gwyn and sometimes Tucker or Abe to see each other......maybe our bed will be ours again someday. Maybe.
*Your wife talks on the phone to much and likes to spend to much of your money on pretty things. We are chubby and have maybe played to much this year.....but what a great year it has been.
Year 10:
?????
Happy Anniversary!!!Thanks for this amazing journey! It's amazing to me that you can still make me feel like I am the most interesting and beautiful woman in the room when clearly I am not. You are my best friend and I think that I will keep you. I love you even if you are a FuNy JOkE!!!!
p.s. Ten years doesn't seem possible it was only yesterday we were dating and getting married....but then I write it out like this and wow! Has it only been ten years? We have been through a lot together babe.


14 comments:
"We are chubby and have maybe played to much this year"...
LOL...oh my goodness how I love you two. Happy, happy anniversary!
I have to tell you that that is the best anniversary post I have EVER read. I might copy the idea next week if you don't mind.
Happy Anniversary!!!
seriously I can't believe its been ten years!! Happy Anniversary you guys.
i love you two. you are what i want be when i grow up. i remember all of these memories and i mostly remember how i sad i was when you moved away. thank you bob for marrying my sister, you made her so much better. all things are better when bob is around. what a great couple you make, one for the books.
love,
kennan
Happy anniversary! This was fun to read. We love you both and miss you!
-the Purles'
That was such a fun post! I learned a lot about you guys. You guys are a great couple. Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a great time on your little getaway. I can't believe my own 10year anniversary is only a few days away. Where does the time go?
Apparently sleep plays an important role in our life together? It's fun to think about the memories that stand out over the years. I remember some of the choices we have made that I would like to change, like moving out of the duplex into that old house, taking a certain job, etc. I love to think of our children in those different years, I don't think I stop to do that enough. And I love to remember all the time spent with you. As I aways, thanks for choosing me, and not that soccer player or that guitar player. I should have said this when we got married, "I won!" she chose me! Thanks for the memories, I love you. Sorry you have to put up with people wondering how a pretty girl ended up with a dude like me...
You look EXACTLY like you did ten years ago...just compare pictures. BEAUTIFUL. Happy anniversary and birthday. Hope the next year is the best!
This was so sweet! I loved reading it! And NO Robyn . . . your Mom has it all wrong--NOT 3 or more kids, oh no. 1 more for sure . . . MAYBE 2, but not 3 or 4! Although, I did tell Tucker that if I could gurantee that all my babies would be like Cali, then I could have FIVE more! But that is not possible, so NO. It was fun to see your Mom, we need to make a trip out to Utah to visit everyone, I would love to see everyone, it has been a while.
I absolutely got my love for beets from GRANDMA . . . we always had them for dinner when we would show up from our LONG road trip wherever we were coming from. I kept thinking about that when I was pickling.
I loved that!! You had me totally re-living the past 10 years right along with you. You guys make a GREAT couple. I too am glad you ended up with each other. Love you guys!!
Happy Anniversary guys! Glad you had a great trip! You guys are the best and we really do need to get together! Just for the record, Bob...I can see what a beautiful girl like her is doing with a guy like you! You are perfect for each other and I've told my girls more than once that they should marry a guy like Bob Lamoreaux (or thier dad, he's great too! LOL!)
Fun post, Robyn. Well I for one (and Mike for two)am super glad you guys are together you two are fabulous and- you're always a great double date. You do make us laugh--I love that you guys get me...and Mike ;)
Congratulations on 10 years! You make it all look so easy. And I think you BOTH make the other better...but we do love your Bob! Such a great post. Love you both...XOXO
From the day I walked into your apartment in Provo and saw you and Bob wresting on the floor (Robyn who did not wrestle with boys)I knew that he was the one and an engagement was only a matter of time. You guys have such a great relationship! Thanks for being an example to those that tend to be a little dysfunctional in their relationships. Happy 10th!
Post a Comment