Friday, August 29, 2008

My Name is Robyn....and I am THIRTY!!!!

On August 24th I turned 30 years old...all I can say is it is about time! I feel like I have been 30 for years now, why? I don't know it just does! Here is my most favorite card I got from sugar baby on my birthday. Yes, that is right my son loves me in LEGO! My boys are very obsessed with you tube and watching Weird Al's Music Videos. They love White and Nerdy and Fat! The other day we found the music videos done in LEGO! You would have thought that my boys had died and gone to heaven. They laughed so hard. So there you have it, I am loved in LEGO!

I threw myself a party(the day before my birthday) this year because my husband did such a good job of it last year, I figured I 'd give him a break. We invited a lot of people this year...and it was great! Mary Ann did the decor which I some how didn't get great pictures of (she may have a career in crate paper). Cute Jen bought me cake and Mary Ann(her blog soon to follow) and I planned some games. I was so glad when Debbie and Dale came because she has been literally down in bed all summer with a crushed ankle. So fun to be able to socialize with her in person!
My man and me!
My lovely cake from the wonderful Jen Dolce!
My peeps!!! Mary Ann and Andrea, you two know I love you guys!

One of the few shots of the party....(Kennan, this picture of Jimmy is for you!)
I think we ended up with 45 people and it my little house was crowded but my beautiful yard that my husband takes great care worked out well. Everyone brought treats to share and it seemed like people enjoyed themselves. Thanks to all of you for coming!

Here are my thoughts on being thirty:

Years ago my sister-in-law Lisa, told me how her beloved grandma Laycock told her if she could be any age again she would choose her 30's because she was not too young to feel insecure, her children were here and growing, and everything still worked well (meaning body)! I tucked that conversation away in my mind and knew I would think on it as I turned 30. So, turning 30 is great; I have a beautiful family and a fantastic husband and life! So, I am going to look at my life in that view....this is the best time of my life! Hello 30!!!


11 comments:

Pam said...

That darling Margaret had wisdom to spare! How will we ever get by without her? She is so right and you are so lucky to be entering the best, most rewarding and fulfilling years of your life. Drink in every minute of it. So wish I could have celebrated with you...you are one of a kind, sweet daughter. Looks like a "maaaaavelous" party! XOXOXO

farmgirl said...

What a fun night, and a fun afternoon in the scorching sun working crate paper miracles- anything for you, my friend :) Welcome to the wonderful world of 30-dom!!!

The White Clan said...

Happy happy birthday!!!

kennan said...

hello jimmy!

you are crazy and i am still sorry i wasnt there. you looked beautiful though...

Dixons said...

Happy late birthday, friend! Sorry that I didn't call, but know that I was thinking of you! It looks like you had alot of fun! 30 has been a great year for me, so I'm sure it will treat you well!

annebabe said...

it was a fun night, especially the cullen version of mafia. :) i think staci should be a vampire every time, what do you think? i anxiously await mary ann's blog, and i *heart* the photo of her, you and andrea, what a keeper! glad that 30 feels good when you put it on, i'm right behind you friend. :)

Bree D. said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to have you among the ranks of us 30 year olds!! It really is a fabulous age to be! Many happy wishes to you from me!

Nate and Paige said...

ahhhh bister.... Happy Birthday! It's about time you did some postings. You have a very eventful life that I like to see! AND I'm glad you still have birthday parties :)

west's said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! I'm so sad we missed it because it really does look you guys had a lot of fun!! You are so OLD now!! Just teasing. I have to totally agree with what your friend's mom said about turning 30 - I have some good days to look forward to, right? So cute!!

Ally said...

Ahhh... thanks for the words of wisdom! Turning 30 seemed pretty great to me! Happy Belated to you! You know I love you!

Jessica said...

Happy late birthday! I am so glad you have joined the 30 is great club! Welcome!You certainly don't look 30 though...miss I still look 22! I hope you had a great time at your party!