Yesterday at the park, my heart broke for my Gwynnie. As she was playing with the kids at park day with a few of our regular park day friends she met a new friend. The new friend was wearing stripes and she was really cute maybe a year older than Gwyn. They were playing on the stage when I heard Miss Priss crying. I saw the little girl in stripes run back and she had a really guilty look on her face. Gwyn came over crying crocodile tears telling me that the little girl had kicked her in the cheek while she was on the stage. I hugged her and comforted her. But I am a parent to 4 kids, I know the ropes. In truth I was glad it was not my child that had done the hurting, I know kids will be kids. Just normal kid stuff, nothing to get worked up over. It was when I was buckling my darling squishy girl up that my heart stopped for a minute. Our conversation:Gwyn: I told that girl that she hurt my feelings.
Me: Because she hurt you?
Gwyn: No, because she told me my face was chunky.
Me: What?
Gwyn: She said "You have a chunky face." It really hurt my feelings. Is my face chunky?
Me: No baby, you are beautiful. You have a beautiful face. ( I am screaming inside)
-Later that night in bed as we are laying a talking-
Gwyn: Mom, what does it mean to have a chunky face? Does it mean my face is brown like Emee's? But Emee's face is beautiful, I like Emee's face. (truly this was a conversation with herself reasoning)
What do you say?
So I said:
I don't know baby, but I do know you have a beautiful round healthy face that mom and dad love to try to kiss off..... (then the kisses start and last until she is giggling)
I hate the image thing. I hate that we will soon enter the stage of what everybody looks like. She will never be a petite thing, but who cares? She is AMAZING to us. I look at her and I think, if only I could be as beautiful as she is!
I love her because:
She prays that I will have a baby EVERYDAY!
She loves her little brother so much.
She sings all the time. Taylor Swift, and Pink are her favorites.
She likes daddy's ipod more than mine.
She would rather tend the Weston twins at the park than play.
She is a great eater and has a very adult pallet.
She loves to tell you stories about princess, the princes name is always Bob.
She climbs in bed with us every night and pushes her way in between us.
She loves to play dress up.
She tells me she loves me 20 times a day.
When you tell her she's beautiful she says, "thank you, and I know"
She starts the day off with bows and a bracelet and ends the day with purses, necklace, chap stick, 2 more bracelets, and a doll.
She is always proud of me when I dance around the house.
She makes sure her older brothers kiss her before they leave for school.
She totally pretends to not hear you when you are telling her not to do something. ( I don't love it but sometimes is strikes me as funny)
She always wants to know what are plans are for the day.
She told a neighbor today that I was her only Valentine.
She is my girl.
She has my eyes.....


14 comments:
WRONG...she is my Valentine too. Love her to pieces and we all love her gorgeous face! Better keep that little girl at the park away from Nannie. GRRRRRR
That breaks my heart more than I can tell you. I know what it is like to be teased for your physical self and it hurts! I love her little round cheekies! Kiss them for me! I know that the other little girl would never photograph as fantastic as Gwen!
Sometimes don't you just want to keep your kids at home in a bubble? But on the other hand, Gwyn has so much to offer the world, and a great mom to teach her to love herself and everyone around her. She is so beautiful!
whatev.... her new friend was probably ugly. i'll kill her. gwyn is totally amazing and gorge. AND she doesn't have a "chunky" face, she's 3. healthy kids do have round faces.
i love you, this is hard for you, i know. don't put her in any category besides the wonderful and beautiful one.
xo
Are you kidding me?????? I think her new little gal pal must have lost her glasses in the park, Gwyn is beyond gorgeous!!!!! Looks like Gwyn has had her first taste of others jealousy. She is going to be just fine, she has a posse of brothers that will have her back through all of time.
Allison
oh, my gwynnie penny.. she is quite possibly one of my most favorite people ever. i just might need to march right down to park day and give that mean sista some serious business. forget a whole posse of brothers, she has got her whole posse of aunts!!
i love you miss priss!
i can't wait to come visit you!
What a sweet little thing. Gwyn is absolutely beautiful! You are right Robyn, the image thing is so stupid. It seems that it gets worse as time goes on. You are such an amazing mom and that little angel of yours is going to grow up knowing just how beautiful she is inside and out because of you and Bob. Let her know Miss Olivia and I think she is beautiful!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gwynn's hair in the second photo. She is so cute. I wouldn't worry about what that little girl said. She was just jealous!
Oh that story breaks my heart. Cute little Gwyn. She IS beautiful!
Ummmm...how about an update???
Coming from my experience with girlies, the image thing is truly crappy to deal with as a parent.
But it sounds like you dealt with it FANTASTICALLY. Way to go with the mom-skills. And Gwyn is a tru-Valentine cutie. And my babies love her.
Dear Gwynnie, You have one thing more than that little girl, YOU are beautiful INSIDE and OUT, and don't listen to anyone that tells you otherwise! You are so precious!
Post a Comment