Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Single Parenting

Hose Off
There are some upsides to being home with just the kids during the week.....I get some fantastic time with them. My big boys have been so good to help me out every night after dinner. I usually feed the kids then ask the boys to take the littles outback while I clean up......
Mud fight
Well this particular night they all headed to the sand box..... I kept hearing giggling from all of them. I kept thinking to myself what a sweet sound that was.
mud fight with unhappy brother
I finished up in the kitchen and walked out side to find this going on! I couldn't help but laugh and grab my camera. We had spaghetti this particular night and I made them strip down to eat (not the older boys) So I couldn't be mad. Truly seeing them having so much fun together made me so happy. I was laughing and had to grab my camera...if you are offended by the pictures sorry! I love a little skin showing:)
hiding muddy Gilbert
Gil did get a little tired of the mud fight so he headed under the tramp with a few tears.
blue lagoon
Move over Brooke Shields.....Gwyn will now be starring in the Blue Lagoon.
My little lady
I got the hose and told them to hose down before they hit the shower..... Little miss is SO much tougher than I was as a child her brothers don't throw her for a loop at all.
Abe's revenge
Abe LOVED hosing every one down.....maybe a little too much.
I have to say that I was worried how my patience would be with the kids while Bob is gone. I am surprised at how much more patience I have with the kids. I am not a naive enough to believe that it is all my doing, I know that there is a higher power helping me out, but I am so enjoying my time with my older boys. I have let things go like blogging...sorry, my social life, my reading time, and my workout-time. It's always amazing to me when you serve someone how much you love them. I am so use to my husbands help and how capable he is, that I get a little lazy in my own parenting. It has been a real blessing and wake up call to have to be everything for my littles that I found so much more patience and happiness with and in them. It is still hard and I count down the days until Bob gets home, but I am trying to find every positive thing about this job and just feel grateful we have one. I look forward to the days he is home every night again. So while I slack in many areas (like blogging) know it's for the best cause....my family! I have never felt more blessed to have four kids as I do right now!
TTFN!

10 comments:

kennan said...

no offense to you younger children but i love your boys (you had no idea, i know). i have always wanted all of your children for my own and now i want your life (minus the absent husband). i love you and you are a wonderful mother. my kids all are out of the sidewalk for adoption by the time trev gets home. i dont know how you do it. i love you sister bear...

p.s. gwyn is totally and completely amazing.

annebabe said...

i guess family is a big enough reason to ditch blogging. ;) glad you are thriving and not just surviving. hey, i rhymed! a little mud bath every now and again is healthy for one's complexion. your kids are so in the know.

Sarah said...

Your kids are FANTASTIC. I love myself a little sand & mud fun. In our house, we call the hosing off and "Indian Bath". It was Mark's term, so if it sounds un-P.C., it is from his youth, so blame him. As a parent, I get a huge KICK out of giving indian baths. :)

Pam said...

I have a very distinct recollection of a similar scene when you and your brothers were little...maybe even some photos somewhere. You are doing an amazing job single parenting...hang in there! This too shall pass. I love you. XOXO

brooke c jackson said...

well... not that i don't think you are an amazing Mother.. BECAUSE I DO!! ain't no one want to do what you do all week.. and you handle it amazingly..

but let's talk about these pictures!!!

W O W!!

They look fantastic!!!!

the first one of Abe better be framed and hung proudly.. It is perfection, and is him to the TEE!!!

love you,

miss you...

wish i were there!

Bob said...

I wondered why our kids skin was so soft... Our kids know that this would never happen wit dad around, so thanks for letting them enjoy it. You're doing such a great job dealing with the lack of my presence. You are and have always been a great mother. Thanks for taking care of that part of the Lamoreaux Corporation while I am stuck in limbo...

jen said...

I love that first picture of Abe. So funny! You are a fun mom. I am glad you are surviving with your hubby gone all of the time!

Amanda said...

I love love the pictures! Good work on grabbing the camera...perfect photo-op! You have adorable kids!
I know I still owe you a Nelson girl booty shake and I fully intend on delivering, I like to think that the anticipation will make it that much better - just wait, one of these days...

Amber said...

Love this! How fun! Call me!

staci said...

Look at what a darn cute mom you are! I admire your strength and patience that it takes to be a single mom half the week. I love that you let them get all dirtied up and then took pictures of them doing it. They will have great memories of this for sure.