Thursday, July 09, 2009

After my sisters death threats....

So apparently I am the worst blogger ever. My sisters have been calling me daily telling me to update or they will erase me from their blogs; so here I am doing a little update. I am so BUSY just like everyone else but sitting down to the computer is the last thing I have done. I don't feel like I have anything to say, I feel overwhelmed and need to catch up from March. That's not daunting at all. So here is a little of what I have been doing in my spare time.....


_MG_1575
Sewing!
_MG_1576
A few months ago my neighbor/friend Karlee turned me on to some fun patterns, which in turn turned my mom and my sisters on to it as well (you know how that sisters/mom thing goes). Here are a few things I have made the last few weeks. The skirt above I LOVE.
_MG_1371
This little number Amberly turned me on too....I never knew elastic thread could be so much fun. Oh by the way, she is singing at her music recital. Maybe I'll blog abouth that someday....
_MG_1478
This last dress my mom helped me make for The 4th of July! I love it. I have a few more things I have made but haven't taken any pictures yet, just you wait....It might be awhile though!

p.s. If you think it cheaper to make your kids clothes....it's not! But nothing beats the feeling of creating something with your own hands.

8 comments:

farmgirl said...

What?!?! Do I know you? Have we met? Cuz, my friend Robyn is NOT crafty and I consider sewing on the boarder line of craftiness. This was something that connected us, this negative craftiness we had between us. And now? Now, well...it's been a good run. Thanks for the memories, maybe you should go find some sewing friends to hang out with----I'm not worthy!!!!! I think I need to make a treat. :o)

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

Finally, cindy Otis!


I LURVE that first skirt. What is that pattern?

Pam said...

Alas...she is not dead in the blog world!! Darling skirt, darling girl, darling kids....all of which I have been missing. Keep up the good work and let us have a peek occasionally.
Love you all! XOXOXO

Amber said...

Way cute! Love them all!

kennan said...

thank you. gwyn's ceations are nothing short of amazing and well, you know how i feel about your boys.

sometimes i think you forget about me? no? no love for the gregs.

love you.

xx

Nathan & Dacia Holt said...

You are a natural, I love every one of those outfits! I need to break in my new sewing machine...you've inspired a little bit of motivation in me to get going myself. Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

I love everything you've made. I want those patterns. And the material you picked is perfect.

jen said...

I am impressed! I like them all but the first skirt is my fav. So pretty.