Thursday, December 17, 2009

These two.....

Today I walked in and found my two youngest children watching T.V. (that never happens at my house:)) This is how they were sitting.
What can I say?
When I found out Gil was on his way...I cried for many months off and on. They were only going to be 15 months apart.
To say I was kind of freaking out is an understatement.
Then he came and Gwyn and her maternal instinct took over at 15 months old.

She knew he was coming just for her.

I don't think it matters that he is three and that he is not much smaller than her. He doesn't often let her love on him, but she tries every chance she gets. Sometimes he lets her, and I hear him tell her at least 5x a day he loves her. I am so glad these two little friends came so close together....I'd like to say Gil is enough baby for her but...

In every prayer this girl prays for a baby sister....she has the whole family praying for that now. I think that she would ask for Santa to bring her a real baby if that was something Santa could actually bring to her. How is it that some come to this world so dang maternal? What an amazing blessing.

7 comments:

farmgirl said...

My favorite Gwyn line of late, coming to pick up Gil after he played here while SHE WAS AT SCHOOL: "Oh, Gil, I missed you so much! It feels like you have been on a vacation!" Accompanied with lots of big hugs for Gil. What a funny little woman. Cuz, ya know, she missed Gil much more during school when he was here rather than at your house....man that drive across the neighborhood is sooo long.

jen said...

What a cute picture!! I remember how nervous you were about having Gil so close to Gwyn. I am sure it was a lot of work but they will always be best buddies!!

Pam said...

Whether he knows it or not, he'll always have a 2nd Mom in Gwynnie! What a cute little couple of peas in a pod they are. XOXO

brooke c jackson said...

wait...
gwyn likes babies??
no??

:)

Megan Andersen said...

I could definitely use some of Gwynnie's maternalness (is that a word?). Anyway, love her, & that is one priceless picture! Thank you so very much for the Vanilla...I can't wait to use it. Merry Christmas to your darling family!!

Anonymous said...

This picture is amazing!! It makes me feel okay about the 16 months between my little boys. I totally understand the tears that come with that!!

Anonymous said...

This picture is amazing!! It makes me feel okay about the 16 months between my little boys. I totally understand the tears that come with that!!