Mine is actually Purple.
I use her 4 times a day to check my glucose levels.
I give my finger a little prick and put the blood on that little strip...
Then I wait for the magic numbers.
So far I have only passed once.
ugh...
Please no insulin, please no insulin.
Yesterday I sat in a two hour class at the diabetes clinic.
(Thanks to Farmgirl for watching my kids. Could some one in my family move here please?)
I learned all about my new life style for the next 6-10 weeks.
I can do anything for that long.
Carbs and I are no longer friends at all.
Carbs have officially become my enemy.
We learned a lot about the 2 different types of Diabetes.
Debbie, you and Brendan have a whole new respect in my eyes.
Type I is REALLY hard.
you don't produce ANY insulin,
Where as with my type II Gestational diabetes,
I produce insulin, but my body doesn't want to recognize and utilize it.
Did you know Insulin in a growth hormone?
That's part the reason gestational diabetes babies get so big in Utero.
I meet with my DR. next week and the clinic again.
I guess I will have more of a game plan with baby boy then.
****I miss yummy sugary treats already.
Brownies sound so nice.


13 comments:
First of all...while, yes, it would be lovely for some family of yours to move here---I already told you: I GOT YOUR BACK! So, enough of that already. Besides our boys are besties, so its perfect. And Gwyn is entertainment for me, so we're good.
Secondly....After my ONE week treat free I really do feel your pain. If I was a really good friend I might consider giving it up with you until you were done. Umm, I'm not totally sure I'm that good of a friend. ;o)
Last the best of all the game....I REALLY am hoping you won't need to do the shots. No Shots for Robyn. No Shots for Robyn. No Shots for Robyn. That's my new mantra.
Hang in there, me loves you.
:o)
You CAN do anything for 10 weeks...and longer if necessary. We ALL need to join you, let's face it. It would just be better for us all around. Hang in there, sissy. XOXOXO
At least your little monitor is cute? I am so sorry. This sucks.
I am sorry! I totally understand. I had it with my 4 pregnancies. I was on a 1600 calorie nutritional plan (which I like to call a DIET) You will adjust and you will survive (as hard as it may be at times). Call me if you need anything I am here for you.
Love and prayers for you and we may be moving your way, just not soon enough!
Boooooo pregnancy and diet are not allowed in the same sentence.
And my sister in Zion ( bountiful temple 4 life) sounds like she is doing a much better job than us real sisters would do. I'd be demanding books or something in return. You live around fantabulous peeps!!
Hang in there! And baby boy be nice to your momma!
fine, i am coming.
Poor girl, I don't know how id do it. I need to get you some of my father in laws sugar free chocolates! They taste great!
love your new header.
this sort of depresses me.
okay.. fine majorly depresses me.
looks like you are leaving gestation with a bang.
:)
i am so sorry. love you
So Sorry! Nothing fun about any of that! You can do it though, I will be cheering for you!
Hang in there Robyn! This sucks. You are one cute pregnant mom & the prize in the end will make this all worth it.
No fun! I am so sorry!
Post a Comment