Monday, July 05, 2010

Due Date...

Today mister Sully was due.
I am dying to post pictures of my sweet little peach,(because that is how he looks, fuzzy and peach colored, hair and all.) but I need my computer first.
So tonight it is the ramblings of new/gently used mother.
I have so much to say.
The last few days little Sully has had his eyes open longer than usual, he is beginning to wake up.
I noticed yesterday the little ridge on his head gone, his head is growing.
He is 2 weeks old today.
My heart breaks and soars at these changes.
I don't blog, or do much but hold and watch this sweet boy. I don't want to miss a moment of him. I want my brain and my body to record every square inch of him. It's like a first love all over again. I want him in my arms as much as possible. Perhaps because he is most likely my last baby or that looking at my soon to be 11 year old that I feel that this time is so very short. So magical. I haven't been sharing him. For those who feel guilt for not seeing him yet, don't. I really have been keeping him to myself.
I asked Gwyn the other day if she could imagine wanting Sully to be a sister. She answered very honestly "no".
He was always meant to be with us.
He cries only if he is hungry. He nurses like a champ. He wiggles for other people then settles in so nice when he is given back to me. He knows me. He likes daddy too.
I am working on his birth story and pictures so look for those. I just needed to post a little something that explains my elusiveness/hermit ways.
I am just in baby Heaven over here and trying to soak up every minute.
My mom was ever so kind and cared for me the first week and then took the 3 middle kids home with her. She is so busy, so I know that this is was hard for her. But the time she allowed me will never be forgotten or under appreciated. She kept telling me she just wanted to give me time to enjoy him, so I truly took that to heart. Thank you Mom. There was never a better woman alive. Sully is such a part of my heart now that I can't imagine life with out him.
This week I will be MOM again....wish me luck!!!
p.s.
happy 4th of July

3 comments:

Eileen said...

What a beautiful heartfelt message. So glad I could hold your new son. He is perfect and you are the best MOM!! Lucky boy!

Pam said...

"Dusting and cleaning can wait 'til tomorrow for babies grow up we have learned to our sorrow. So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep...I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep." Oh how I love your motherly wisdom...and Sully. And so glad I could be of service to you in some small way. You will do just fine!! XOXO

farmgirl said...

Oh, hi there....we are home and it's late to call. I will be checking in with you first thing in the morning. Thank you so much for graciously letting me hold that little piece of heaven, I promise I will try to not abuse the privilege. And thanks for posting, I love to read those thoughts that rattle around in your head....