Sunday, June 10, 2007

Saftey Town

Abe and his friend Skylar have attended a city program called safety town for the last 2 weeks. Abe has really enjoyed it. They sing a lot of songs from the Safety Kids that I grew up singing. When you go to pick up your child at the end of the class there is a police officer that sits and tells everyone good bye and gives them five...he really is cute with the kids. Well, one day when I went to pick him up he was having a very serious conversation with the police man. I went and signed him out and as we began to walk out I asked him what he said...(our conversation)
Me: Abe, what were you talking to the police man about?
Abe: I just told him how dad threw Tucker against the wall last night.
M: What?
A: I told him how dad threw Tucker against the wall and he got really hurt.
M: WHAT?
A: Mom, I told you already.
M: Dad didn't throw Tucker against the wall!!!!
A: Yes he did.
M: Abe, they were wrestling and daddy threw him on the couch...his foot hit the wall and knocked down a picture.
A: No, he knocked down two pictures.
M: Honey, Tucker is just fine..they were just playing.
A: He cried for a minute.
M: Because I was mad and told them "NO MORE WRESTLING". Tucker wanted to wrestle some more.
A: Ohhhh.....
So after this I had to go talk to the officer and make it clear that their dad is not abusive LOL and that Tucker who was standing there was fine. He kind of chuckled and said that Abe had raised his hand when the EMT asked if they had ever seen anyone get really hurt....Abe told them "Yes, last night my dad threw my brother against the wall". Oh, Abraham....what are we going to do with him?

4 comments:

kennan said...

thank you ABe!

Anonymous said...

Abey, baby!! "Mr. Literal" Whatever...at least he feels comfortable speaking his mind. You gotta love him...and I DO!!

XOXO Nannie

Amber said...

Ok, that is so funny! I am laughing so hard. Don't kids just make life so interesting! I love it Abe!

Ally said...

Seriously... thanks for your site today! After the beautiful shout out to my loveliness in high school, I did appreciate Abe reporting Bob's behavior to the cops. It is about time someone did. Shame on you... shame on you!