Thursday, October 04, 2007

G-I-R-L

Yesterday I was making dinner and Gwyn was watching one of her Barbie movies for the billionth time and this is what I saw as I walked past her. It is amazing how maternal little girls are. It melts me to see her like this, she is so sweet to her "babies". If you come to visit she will ask as soon as you walk in "wanna see my dolly's?"
At 28 months she:

  • Loves to sing, her favorites are: I am a child of God, and Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam,(which Gil happily "Beams" with her), You're Just Like Me,(Barbie movie song), Don't Go Breaking My Heart,(off of Ella Enchanted and Chicken Little.)
  • Her favorite movie is Barbie's Nutcracker.
  • Wouldn't miss her dance class for the world.
  • Can sneak out of our house with out me knowing it, she can open dead bolts and anything else you put in front of her. (Thank goodness for her favorite shoes, her squeaks, I can hear her walking out the door.)
  • Loves to make Gil laugh, mostly by chasing him around.
  • Comforts anyone by saying "Oh, honey...."
  • Uses her hands while talking. (This is new and cracks me up.)
  • Will watch Barbie and Princess Movies over and over and over.
  • Loves her daddy to read to her.
  • Wants to play with the five and six year old girls in the neighborhood everyday.
  • Like to say the prayer, but only if you are saying it, for example, if Tucker is saying the prayer she repeats it right with him, it's pretty funny.
  • Loves Nursery and hasn't been able to go for a few weeks because her nose is gross. I finally took her to the Doctor and when she walked in she put her hands on her hips and said,"fix my nose I wanna go Nursery." Which he replied, "I want to eat you up."
  • Already knows how to guilt her dad at work,"Daddy, come home I miss you."
  • Loves to shop, and will pull out clothes and bring them to me saying "this is darling mommy" (don't mind if it 10 times to big for her.)
  • Is a great eater. She likes almost everything, even salad.
  • Can spell her name, but only if we sing it.
  • Can count to 12 but likes to forget number 6.
  • Has a great self esteem and will point out things she like in other people, for example:"I like your bracelet" or "I like your hair, it's dark" or "I like your earrings" or "I like your baby".
  • Should NEVER be left alone with a marker or pen.
  • Has so much spunk you can see it in her walk.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that baby girl kills me!! I could eat her up too...

XOXO The Nan

andrea said...

such a card :0). Add me to the list that could eat her up. She's a funny one. And so, so sweet to Pipes. She's going to do big things in life.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

send her my way! i love gwynnie.. and i think you needed to add that she compliments breasts as well
"i like ya boobs."
i love her

annebabe said...

gwynnie sounds like someone i know- her mother!!! LOL, i love reading all about your darling little girl who loves her baby dolls. so sweet.

Sarah said...

She really told your sister "I like ya boobs?"??? I hadn't heard that one before. Silly Gwyn. I like that Princess&thePauper song too. In fact, I like the whole album; I can sing along with every song . .