Monday, December 10, 2007

Okay....we went.

So we decided at the last minute that we would chance the Snow Storm....I 'll admit I was not that pleased to be going.( I had a lot of pressuring done on me.) But, it turned out to be great.
We had a good drive up and when the kids woke up in the morning they were THRILLED to see the snow. They kept there p.j.'s on and on threw their snow clothes and were outside all morning. Gil went down for a nap, so he still hasn't experienced snow yet.

This was Abe's Snowman in "midget mode" as he called it. He loved this little snowman, and when his big brother kicked it down there were many tears shed.....sometimes older brothers are the pits. So Tucker lost his beloved DS for the rest of the day.
Here is Tuck's snowman....he is an alien. Tucker and couldn't wait to build him and then destroy him. Abe helped in the destruction.....but this was something Tucker was excited about. So, you can see the problem rising right?
Here is Gwyn's Snowman....my favorite. She and daddy built it together and she thought it was great to put food on for the hair and face.
As you can see she was giddy over her snowman....I couldn't resist posting this picture!

When we got home from the wedding festivities their was a fresh new 8 inches of snow. After the babies went to bed Bob took the boys out to snow blow the driveway and play in the snow some more. They didn't come in until midnight. I think when you don't live in the snow it is easier to appreciate a snow fall like that. We couldn't leave until Sunday morning so Bob missed meetings, but oh well what can you do? The time the kids played in the snow made it worth it.



3 comments:

Pam said...

Could Gwynnie be any more thrilled with her creation?? So much fun!

annebabe said...

okay, so i love living in southern utah and all the nice weather. however, i have to admit, it doesn't feel like christmas. every year i think to myself, its christmas in september? anyway, i'm totally jealous of your fun snowy trip and that you experienced winter. and of course, i'm happy you didn't skid to your death on I-15. :)

jen said...

I seriously love that last picture of Gweynn. Too cute!! We will have to go somewhere and play in the snow with the kids this winter. The kids absolutely love it. I am glad you guys were safe.

Poor Abe and his snowman. I know Brianne sometimes thinks it is the pits to have an older brother. Oh well, it is all part of childhood, right?