
Gwyn finally got her big girl bed! She has been in need of a bed for a few months (ever since she has been potty trained). If you ask her what she wants for her birthday she would tell you "I'm gonna get a big girl bed. Like a princess." After weeks of looking for the perfect bed we found it! I did a little overhaul of the bedroom and fresh coat of stripes and
shazam! Gwyn's princess room!

It is not that she was asking for a canopy bed, but I swear it just screamed her name! I still have a few things to finish up, but since my mom couldn't wait for pictures......

She will get a new chest of drawers. (when I find just the right one) The changing table/chest of drawers will do for now. Thanks to Andrea for letting me use her Chest of drawers for Gil's room!

Close up of the bed. (Thank you Target....I love the Shabby Chic stuff.) A new light fixture is still to come.

This little section needs a little help so I will be working on it over the next few days.

She has loved the sheer curtains. As you can see they are being used just as they should be!
Andrea came over last night to help me put the room back together after my painting was done. ( I paint alone, but Bob is great at installation of anything and everything.) As we were hanging the curtains we also had to play around with them just as Gwyn was. I will also say that we were giggling just as hard as she was. Girls will be girls.

So far the big girl is doing great in her bed. She likes to come and get me to lay with her in the middle of the night and I don't always love that. It seems that every new little step she makes she to grow by miles. She gave up her crib to her brother with no problem and only refers to it as Gil's crib. She learned to climb out of the crib a few days after she was out of it. She likes to climb in with Gil now after his naps. It is funny she never figured she could get out until it wasn't hers any more and she has a "big girl bed" as she tells everyone. She will be 3 in a few weeks and I can't believe it! Happy early birthday my little girl. We are really out numbered at our house but you sure make it fun and girly!
18 comments:
why are you a professional painter??? the room is F A BU LOUS!! i love, love, love it and gwyn's bruised up knees are almost even better. does she want to come play?
agreed....professional painter. i too noticed her bruised knees. love her.
p.s. does she have any bows?
I really appreciate that her outfit matches the room. Thank you for that.
Your painting is the icing on an already beautiful cake. It turned out fabulous.
A perfectly adorable princess room for a perfectly adorable princess!! I love, love, love it! Great work, Mom!!! XOXO
Robyn I love it, it is beautiful! And I love the stripes! How fun!
So fun to see the pictures...I love the room! So wonderfully girly!
Soooo cute and GIRLY!
a perfectly pink room for a perfectly girly girl! i'm a firm believer every girl should have a pink room at some point in her growing up years. and the bed is sooo beautiful. what a find! thanks for the pictures!
That turned out so cute!! She is such a doll!!
WOW, you're amazing. When I have kids I'll know who to call for decorating tips.
luv the bed!!
Looks gorgeous! I need someone to come deco my kids' rooms (and bankroll it too!).
What a cute bedroom. I LOVE the stripes. I had one wall with pink stripes in Brianne's bedroom when we lived in San Diego. You did an amazing job. BTW, great pictures!
As it turns out, Andrea kicks your trash when it comes to blogging. I almost see more of your kids on her blog than on yours! Could you please step it up a notch? I'd like to see some tennis, some baseball, some friend-time, etc. As I recall you have a lovely camera! (No pressure :)
XOXO
seriously... time for an update
Hey guys good to see your doing well just wanted to say hello and that I love Bob Lamoreaux. W
i used to like your family when you blogged. now they repulse me. update woman!
P.S. The room looks even better in person! Rose and I need to have a sleep-over in there (since Gwyn isn't so keen on it J/K) ;)
Post a Comment