Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let's try this again....

If you have ever wondered what a palm tree looks like with snow on it.....this is it.
If you have ever wondered what my kids and the neighbors would do with it.......make a fort of course.

Tucker BEGGED me to let him stay home and play in the snow.....I'm such a sucker. Abe on the other had wanted to attend school and his classroom day of The Polar Express. So Abe went to school (good little boy) and Tucker and half the neighborhood stayed home this morning to get some white stuff time. Tucker and Nick were building their snowman when Jen walked out to get some video of it. Nick (her son) yells at her "what are you, stupid?" I giggled real good at that.

My baby just wouldn't keep his stinkin' gloves on.....

For the record she is not "always done up"!

This was how my ingenious son and friends moved there snowman base from our backyard to our front yard. We have snow, but not enough that we don't have to use the front and backyard.


Gilbear had his own "baby snowman" he loved it. Thank goodness he got over the whole Santa Snowman thing.

Here was the end result! Pretty good snowman for Southern Utah! This snowman was VERY heavy and needed a dad to lift up the sections. Thanks Steve! When they were all finished we warmed them up. Fixed Geena's hair (hopefully). Put fresh clothes on and sent them to school. Tucker's note read "Please excuse Tucker from school this morning. He HAD to play in the snow before it melted. Thank you, his Mother"



8 comments:

jen said...

You are quick my friend. I just barely uploaded my pictures from this morning onto my computer. My kids were late to school this morning also. How could I let them miss out on the snow? So fun. Oh, and Jonathon and his friends tried to go sledding last night also. I don't think they were successful :).

farmgirl said...

Jen Dolce, you are a beautiful creature! I do understand the urgency though, one never knows how long the snow is going to last in St. George. And what a fantastic friend you have in Robyn who is willing to post for all the world to see. I love you both!!

kennan said...

jen dolce.. my hero. i look exactly the same that in the morning, short night gown and all.

i wish you were here so you could celebrate with us.

Pam said...

So much fun!! Gwynnie looks gorgeous even when she isn't "all done up"! And I NEED Gilly Bear's lips on my cheek....XOXOXO

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

yes... i love me a little jen in my life.

you also get fun mom award... wonder who you learned it from?? i always remember staying home from school on the first snow of the year..

thank you pamela dawn :)

Anonymous said...

o.k. people...not my best shot, but it's me. Oh and thanks to my Robyn .. Project Runway has already called twice...hmmmm or was it Biggest Loser?? anyway...you can all say you knew me when. ha xoxox

p.s. Kennan, I hope you can feel the love coming your way sister!!!

amylmitchell said...

And I thought it was Nick who lives in the frozen trundra.

Cluff Family said...

Hey you are becoming a great photographer! We need to hire you for our family photos! email me with details. cartercluff@yahoo.com