Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our week in pictures....

So this may be a little more than a week but only by a day....
We celebrated Bob's birthday with a little birthday cake with the kids.
I love this picture because look at Gil just adoring him.
IMG_7570

IMG_7572

I bought Bob tickets to see Phantom of the Opera in Vegas.
We went Friday afternoon and came home late that night.

It was amazing.
I love taking him to things like this.
He had never seen it.
He knows the music well from the movie.
After we leave he is always so impressed with the talent of the actors/ musicians that he can't help beaming about it.

Bob's Grandma Knutson died last week.
His parents went out to be with her before she died.
We had plans that they were going to be coming down over Easter weekend, but when all that happened we understood they couldn't come.
Connie surprised by calling Thursday night (the evening they got home) telling us they would still like to come down.

We were thrilled.
They got to our house late Friday night.
We went to the Arts Festival, listened to Confrenece, baked yummy treats, and dyed eggs while the men went to Preisthood meeting.
Connie and I got some great talking time in.
It was so fun to hear all the stories she had to share about her mom and her childhood.
I am glad I got her right after her sweet week with her mom.
Time with Grandy and Grandpa is always wonderful time.
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures with them.
_MG_7580

We love our little Easter Egg hunt.

_MG_7581


_MG_7594

Perhaps it's time for me to get new Easter baskets....the boys look a little old for them.

IMG_7573

Each of our kids got scooters and some treats...

_MG_7656

"disclaimer*

We don't swim on Sundays.
The Mitchells and Beutlers ( Bob's sisters) were also in town and we had a lovely easter dinner planned.
We told the kids that because it was Easter and confrence we would let them swim...
They were only going to see their cousins that afternoon because they were leaving the next day.
So we let them.
I am not joking when I say that not five minutes after they started swimming Gwyn jumped off of the hot tub side and hit her chin, and split it open.
There was no question the girl needed stiches.
Lesson learned.
She was awesome and brave.
Sweet Aunt Laura went with us to the night clinic.
Gwyn was great....she justt kept saying "I'm so bugged I am missing my play time with Amelia"
We were back within an hour and a half.
She still got a good 2 hours to play with her cousins.
She acted like nothing had happened.

_MG_7602

The next morning was Abe's Birthday.
He wanted Bakugan and DS games.

_MG_7610
He was not dissappointed.

This year was not a birthday party year....but I can't not do something. I took three of his friends (4 if you count Tucker) to see Diary of a Whimpy kid. This was the first series Abe read and loved. He was thrilled to see this movie, so were his friends.

IMG_7625

After the movie we came back for Abe's favorite Strawberry Shortcake and ice cream and presents.


IMG_7627



IMG_7632


Love this picture...you know he is really thinking about this wish.


IMG_7636


Abe and Skylar



IMG_7638


Abe and Braden.


IMG_7643


All the kids plus Gwyn and Geena.



I dont' have any documentation of the 4 baseball games, the choir concert, and the soccer game that also happened this week. I'll try better next week to get some of the games. Seeing that Tucker's game start at 8 pm and go to 10pm...it's kind of dark. (yes, on a school night)

(Tucker did pitch 3 innings and did a great job.)



_MG_7661


We went back to the Doctor on Friday to get pretty girls sticthes out. They think she needs tubes again, dang it!



_MG_7666


On Saturday after baseball practice, giving boys summer haircuts, and Tuck's soccer game, we got to enjoy they Watkins pool up at the cliffs.


Amber and Chase were visiting and invited us up to her parents AMAZING house. The kids and Bob swam for a few hours.....not so much me. Kind of feeling like a beached whale.



_MG_7665


What an eventful week!


I would like to say it will slow down a bit but I really don't think so. It is so fun to support the kids and see them enjoying themselves. Bob is a great coach and Tuck is thrilled he is his coach. All that being said....


I am tired.


My legs look really bad. My varicose veins are painful. But who has time to dwell on it when you have a family to run. Thank goodness for an AWESOME husband who makes me sit for while and put up my 80 year old legs.

p.s. I also had a Dr. Appt this week....
I am officially in my third tri-mester!
See this little cutie.....he will be here soon, and we can't wait.
I love my Dr. office and the U/S tech! They just sneak us in for little peaks.
Gil was with us and couldn't be more excited to see him.
He kept asking "where's his johnson" yep that's right, I am surrounded by boys.


9 comments:

Pam said...

I was tired this week, but after reading your post I'm thinking...why the heck am I tired? So glad you are leading your life and I am watching. You are a great Mom with wonderful kids and an incredibly BUSY life. Take care of yourself, sweet daughter or you may find yourself on bed rest! If Momma ain't healthy, ain't nobody happy!! Hugs to all my Santa Clara Cuties...XOXOXOXOXO

Whatcott said...

You are an amazing mom! Isn't it crazy how you can fall in love in another little one so quick? Take care.

Pam said...

P.S. Your little Newbie looks so adorable! So WILD how we can actually have a peek at him. I love him already! Now take care of yourself so he has a safe arrival! XOXOXO

andrea said...

WOW! That was some post! Love every single bit of it (except maybe my son's poor teeth). LOVE the glimpse of baby too. He's CUTE!

kennan said...

finally.

jen said...

Wow! What a week! I love that first picture of Gil adoring his dad. So sweet! And, poor Gwynnie and her stitches. That looks like it hurt! You have been one busy momma. I have to agree with your mom about taking care of yourself (I know that is almost impossible when you have kids!). I didn't listen to anyone about resting and that may or may not have been the reason Alyssa came 5 weeks early! Anyways, I can't believe you are already in your third trimester. I can't wait to meet the new little Lamoreaux!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a week. I'm so jealous you went to see The Phantom in Vegas, I have been wanting to do that. Maybe this week will be a little bit more restful??? I'm pretty sure it can't be busier than last week!

Nate and Paige said...

well done sister bear!!!
few things...
1. are you square foot gardening because brooke, brad, and i are highly trained professionals...
2. your going to kill yourself, you bank account, and your kids for how involved they are... you'll never here a lamoreaux say they didnt get to do everything they wanted as a child.
3. Welcome 3rd trimester! I'm trying to get brig down there so he can make a "quickening in your womb" happen.
4. keep up the posting lady varicose!

love love you!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

well it's about damn time.

uh... no wonder your kids are getting stitches. look at them flipping and twisting all over the place.

frightens me.

gwyn is amazing. always.

byob is #1. always.

your family seems too good to be true. if i didn't know better i would hate you. but i do know you.. and well i adore you and aspire for my family to be half as perfect as yours.

loves you.. restraint tights and all!

xoxoxoxo

see you in two days. holla!