Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Coming Home...

A few weeks after the baby was born I really had a need to go home.
Not for just a few days but for at least a week.
I needed some of my mom's mothering and my dad's craziness.
I needed my sisters and their laughing ways.
I needed the big brother who I hung out with my jr and sr high school years.
I needed the neices and nephews around me and my kids.
I just needed home.
What I didn't realize was how much I needed the friends from my home.
I was lucky enough to get to spend some really great quaility time with my best friends from my youth.
Ally and I keep in touch on a VERY regular basis.
Steph not as much, (but that is going to change.) but a least a handful of times a year and Annie only about once or twice a year.
Steph's kids match up pretty well with mine so we had a couple of play days.
They played like they see eachother everyday.
Between Steph, Ally and I we have 121/2 kids.
I consider myself so lucky to have gotten to be raised with these amazing women.
Spending time with them was definetly like coming home.
I hope my kids have friends as great as mine.


This is Steph, Myself and Ally during an evening of Young Womens.
This is now the site where the Mt. Timpanogos Temple sits....

Girls camp....Steph putting flowers in my hair.
She was always a wiz at french braiding.

Annie's cabin we have spent oh so many nights there. It's been at least ten years since I have been there.

_MG_9726-1


Steph whipped up an amazing dinner...

IMG_9721-1


Ally is pregnant with her 4th baby.
~I like to call her soon to be baby "Mary".
That's not really her baby's name but I think it should be.~

IMG_9722

Anne Marie....Listening to her life is amazing.


IMG_9724

Cute Ally just lovin' on my Sully.

IMG_9725-1

Thanks ladies for such a fun week.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Best group of ladies ever! You were being watched over from above when they entered your life. Love you all! XO

Ally said...

Love it Rob. I mostly love Steph's awesome boxers with leggings underneath- who was to say we were not in fashion?

Thanks for all the great times. Love you too!